Kiwi Airgunners Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Flub's General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Incoming Weather.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nunga Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Incoming Weather.
    Posted: 05 May 2013 at 3:39pm
Whats the weather like at your place at the moment?

Over here the wind is starting to pick up and the rain is starting to fall and is getting harder.. We could be in for a interesting night.

Got the chainsaw out and the wet weathers just in case :) hopefully we wont get flooded and cut off again :)
(pink)MIST View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote (pink)MIST Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2013 at 8:56pm
woke up to sunshine and clear blue skies in the waikato...... and it got grey, then greyer, then wet, then wetter.
made for a good morning though, my 2yr old got out around the neighbourhood with his quad bike :)
(skids on the neighbours grass - oops )
NZAFTA President
1st place HP springer - 2014 WFTF Worlds
1st place HP springer - 2014 Nats

AA TX200 MK111, Optisan Viper 8-32x60 JSB. VMach, TbT, maestro design.
nunga View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nunga Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2013 at 11:20pm
Well we got a tree come down blocking off the drive, just went out to check the river level, looks ok so far :) I went and got the chainsaw to cut it up and move the tree but that wind is so strong and blowing those trees around... and im not getting under those in the middle of the night with a chainsaw lol. It will have to wait for the morning.
nunga View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nunga Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2013 at 5:54pm
This is what i woke up to this morning :)

Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote (pink)MIST Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2013 at 8:00pm
saved you cutting it down :) and you'll be able to get the underside of your car/4wd clean now easily :)
always a bright side :) just gotta stop thinking real-life, and start thinking playstation lol
NZAFTA President

patcheye View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote patcheye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2013 at 6:41pm
The other day, it peed down here for a while and my brother and I were on our way home. We approached a corner. I yelled - Watch out..!! What for?? he replied, then whoomph into the side of the road where the drain had flooded and overlflowed onto the road.. There was water everywhere... He said, Oh that. I said, No ya silly b*gger, I meant the poor so and so walking on the footpath right alongside of it, who was now soaked to the bone from the splash made buy our van. We pulled away from the intersection and my brother still didn't see the poor guy... I couldn't hold back and burst out laughing...
nunga View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nunga Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2013 at 12:27pm
Thats funny :)
nunga View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nunga Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2013 at 5:46pm
Just got home from work. I can see we will be flooded in again tonight. The river is already broken its banks and the storm is not even here yet. The worse of the weather is due midnight tonight so they say. Ii can see us 4 feet under water again lol... This time I will get the rubber dingy out and park the car on the other side of the bridge :) Might even stretch out a rope to pull us across if needed :) 

Sorted !!
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote (pink)MIST Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2013 at 11:30pm
Forward planning, love it. Good luck with the weather
NZAFTA President

nunga View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nunga Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2014 at 10:02am
Well it bucketed down last night.. so needless to say it is 10am here now and we still at home :)

So this time i decided to try something different. But it didnt work very well... cant seem to work out what happened because the theory is sound... any ideas what im going wrong?? lol

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic