Kiwi Airgunners Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Introductions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Hello all, new guy in town

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
samba View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote samba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2017 at 6:50pm
Hello folks,
My name is Pat and I am looking at getting into air guns. I used to have one yonks ago when I was a kid in the US. Now I am in NZ and I am getting into hunting so it looks like a good place to start. I have a crossbow as well. I have my FAL. I am interested in the PCP guns, especially the bigger bore ones. I noted that there has been a debate going on about them. Of course I think it is fine to require that the more powerful ones be limited to folks who have an FAL, no brainer there. What I am wondering about is..what are the legalities of buying or importing them? The only things I have seen around are .177 and .22 cal but I would like a .357 or .45 for deer and pigs. Frankly, I just like the lower ammo costs and I do not mind doing more stalking. It seems however that our government does not understand that a .357 PCP, while deadly, has a far more limited range and punch power than a powder burner of the same caliber. 
Does anyone on here have any experience or advice about the bigger cals? My family is in the US so I can easily have one sent over. I am curious about the import red tape and if I can even get one in the country or not.
Thanks heaps,
Pat
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic