Kiwi Airgunners Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > For Sale / Wanted > For Sale
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

For sale BSA Lonestar

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pauly5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: For sale BSA Lonestar
    Posted: 18 May 2017 at 11:58pm
I'm selling my BSA lonestar, 177, single shot pcp.
It has a regulator fitted and is currently running at around 20 fpe.
It has some cosmetic damage to the stock. I have modified the cheek piece by adding an adjustable cheek riser and installed sling studs.

I will add more photos but here's a couple. This would be a good hunting gun. Nice trigger.
Its not beautifully polished or in showroom quality condition so loves getting in amongst it. Light and plenty of power.
Was my first pcp.
The courier snapped the stock at the grip when I first got it , but it has been epoxy fixed with a dowel running through the grip. So a solid repair, but I never got around to removing the excess epoxy because it would have made a more visual impact.

Pm me if you're interested.
Pauly5 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pauly5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2017 at 7:38am
Should have said it comes with the fill probe and a cheap silencer.

Looking at $400 Ono.
Flub View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2017 at 10:30pm
That's a real bargain. Pity I don't have a licence or I'd buy it
nunga View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nunga Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2017 at 12:14am
You dont need a license to buy one of my beanies!
2nd place HP springer - WFTF World Championships 2014

Pauly5 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pauly5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2017 at 1:57am
I will chuck in a Nunga beanie of your choice to whoever buys it.
xyon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xyon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2017 at 9:36am
Yeah, at that price it does make the dark side seem atractive. What with a free Bennie I might have to get my fal.

Edited by xyon - 20 May 2017 at 9:38am
---
My favourites
springer - Diana 52
PCP - FX Wildcat III
Pauly5 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pauly5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2017 at 9:51am
So this is designed as a hunting gun in that it is really set up for high power. The power can be adjusted either up or down from where it's at. Shot count is around 27 or 30 from a fill. It's very easy to work on if you have to pull it apart. It has the micro cocking mechanism which is located at the front of the stock. This means you can load your pellet without cocking, then when you're ready you just cock and fire. Quite practical for carrying around safely. The barrel is free floating with a threaded end. You will need a silencer as it has quite a bark to it. I had a mighty mouse silencer on it that worked really well. These are not expensive. I put the cheek riser on it because with a scope mounted I found the cheek rest too low. This can be removed if you like, and there will be two threaded inserts left in the butt, so it won't look bad.

I haven't used it for a while and it may need a change of o rings for around the regulator. I will try and get a new set anyway as they are only a few cents each.

Will try and load new photos later.

Edited by Pauly5 - 20 May 2017 at 9:52am
Pauly5 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pauly5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2017 at 9:58am
Originally posted by xyon xyon wrote:

Yeah, at that price it does make the dark side seem atractive. What with a free Bennie I might have to get my fal.

I reckon get your fal anyway. I thought I would only ever be a springer devotee but got my fal anyway. Now I have both pcp and springer I still have my initial love of springer. Pcp are very nice, but that simple pleasure of shot after shot and not worrying about filling, and the challenge to get your technique right still wins me over with springers.

So you can keep the darkside at bay.
Pauly5 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pauly5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2017 at 12:11pm
Here's a photo of when I had it set up and using it.

Mintie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mintie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2017 at 10:52am
This does tempt me, but I mustn't 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic