Kiwi Airgunners Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Flub's General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Airgunning in NZ

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Novagun Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Airgunning in NZ
    Posted: 17 May 2017 at 5:45pm
Airgunning in NZ.

The old forum, the black one, looks like it will never see the light of day again. If it wasn't for this one we would have nothing. For whatever reasons there may be Wingman and Mintie and Raiser and Hidayat and many others don't show themselves here. Why not. I bet that Hidayat is still slaughtering vermin.

From what I can see the current re-stir of the Arms Act is not going to make any difference to airguns including PCPs.

From my perspective, field target is a spent force especially after the international debacle. Maybe it could become something but it needs to be inclusive rather than picky.  We have lost some gunners after that. From what I hear we are a fragmented bunch that has a very poor communication strategy.

We/you/I have chosen to shun this forum to keep in touch. I am as culpable as all the rest of NZ Airgunners.  The fact is that GTA is more interesting even though it has a lot of bumf.

Petone gun shop has closed but Gun City and Hunting and fishing are still showing racks of airguns. Maybe it is telling but I have never seen anyone apart from me looking at the guns let alone anyone actually buying one but it must happen. Maybe I just miss the sales.

I wonder if somehow the old forum could be incorporated with this one, would it help?  The technicalities are beyond my ken. 
Pauly5 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pauly5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2017 at 7:26pm
It would be good to see a show of hands from those that visit here. Just to say G day.
I certainly miss all the technically minded contributions.
nunga View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nunga Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2017 at 11:16pm
well im here all the time as you all know.

as to merging the old forum, this site runs off asp the old site php..thats like trying to merge a springer with a pcp,  if i could get access to the old database i might beable to extract the data and merge into this but i doubt i would ever get access to it.
2nd place HP springer - WFTF World Championships 2014

Flub View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2017 at 12:28am
Originally posted by nunga nunga wrote:

well im here all the time as you all know.

..thats like trying to merge a springer with a pcp,...... .

Does that make it a gas piston
Flub View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2017 at 12:37am
I was in at the start of FT in the UK with some small success. Gave up when hugely expensive 24x (plus) scopes started appearing so effectly buying the prizes. Just level the playing field and write the range on the target so you don't need some super duper scope to get the range. Everybody would know.

Maybe if Hunter FT started up here the fun would come back into it. I'd certainly get active again with my Sharp Ace 0.22 and 3-9 x 40 scope. No settings allowed to be changed after the 1st shot. What do you think the chances are of that happening?
nunga View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nunga Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2017 at 1:47am
we do a sporter class which is similar to hunter field

Pauly5 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pauly5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2017 at 7:40am
I'd certainly give it a Crack. Not that it's simple, but the simplicity of equipment and use of knowledge appeals. I was shooting at the range earlier this week with my springer and 10 x Nikko Stirling scope and it was certainly satisfying to dropping targets by holding over.
WAG has sporter class that shoots along side FT and there's a couple that are regulars.
Novagun View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Novagun Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2017 at 7:22pm
Now we have gone off target talking about Field Target instead of communication and forum participation. 
Nothing wrong with that as long as we are talking.
Bugger my grandson has been computering and it keeps poping up little windows about nerds playing games.
NUNGA-- MERGE THE OLD SITE DATA INTO THIS ONE.. 
WHY NOT? I will find out the bloke who had the old sight and ask. The worst that can happen is a NO.
I still remember his name but I have no idea how much work would be involved in making any transfer. Neither how much work in receiving all the data.  Bucket loads of it no doubt.
Interestingly he also had NZ Rimfire sight and that is still going using the same format as the airgun sight. It is still going but has a very subdued contribution volume. 

i note on trade me that there is someone selling pellets and budget guns. I wonder if this is Raiser.
Novagun View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Novagun Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2017 at 7:31pm
PS.  The sporter FT competition sounds good. There must be a lot of young people that get turned off buy realising the cost and finikitiness of the space age FT guns. A Gamo and a Nikko Sterling scope competition would be the way to go or modifications of that theme. No range finding at all just shoot like you do at a rabbit.
Problem is travel to the Waikato or North Harbour or anywhere more than an hours drive.
Postal FT competition perhaps. Forget the WFTA rules just fairness and fun and what does it matter The world will not stop turning because it was calm in Waikato and windy in Wellington. Maybe we could take wind speed and turbulence into account and get Davy, the spread sheet guy, to come up with a handicap system.
nunga View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nunga Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2017 at 7:39pm
Nova, If you can get me the data i will give it a crack...and just so we are talking apples with apples, You are talking about the original nzairgunners.com forum right? not the nzairgun.com ?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
  Share Topic