Kiwi Airgunners Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Flub's General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Show us your groups.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pauly5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Show us your groups.
    Posted: 16 May 2017 at 7:53pm
Who is shooting paper at the moment?

I got to shoot at the range in Wellington today. I took my 97k and a tin of pellets. Kept it simple and had a relaxing hour or so just shooting for no other reason than joy.
I had some targets out at 45 m and was very pleased with 4 pellets in a 15 mm group. I would have to say that spending time shooting a springer is good for the soul, and shooting technique.

Novagun View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Novagun Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2017 at 5:21pm
Not bad at all. pigeons beware. Another one of those working lunches I bet.
While you were shooting I was out by Mana Island and saw a whale. It really put on a display thrashing about. Watched it for about 30 mins then it sounded and went on its way. There is something fascinating bout a thing that big.
Pauly5 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pauly5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2017 at 5:38pm
I bet. Majestic.
xyon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xyon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2017 at 12:21am
I recently got a Crosman Crusher. My first session shooting it at 30M, I shot this 4 shot group prone. It's the first Chinese rifle I have bought. Seems to be just as well made as a Gamo. Also quite quiet with the gas spring and the shrouded barrel.

Edited by xyon - 18 May 2017 at 12:22am
---
My favourites
springer - Diana 52
PCP - FX Wildcat III
Pauly5 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pauly5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2017 at 7:25am
Good group. What are the specs on those?
xyon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xyon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2017 at 10:00am
I have the .22 The Crosman website says 21 fpe. Which I don't believe as it is the standard 25mm piston and 100mm stroke design that nearly all Gamo's and heaps of clones use (so I would believe if you believe what you read on the internet Smile). I think from memory I got 14 to 16 fpe with mine, which had about 300 shots thru it when I got it. I tried to measure the ram force on the bathroom scales and leaning on it but it took more that 70Kg to start the the ram moving and I could not get a good reading of the weight at the point where the ram expands again, guesstimate 60 to 65 kg. Which is more than the 50 kg of the Gamo IGT ram. I wanted to measure it as I think the shot cycle kicks the rifle quite a bit and maybe the accuracy would be better with a lower force ram. Nunga if you're reading, do you have any gas spring/rams available?
---
My favourites
springer - Diana 52
PCP - FX Wildcat III
xyon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xyon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2017 at 10:08am
Back to paper punching. Straight after the group above, I did this 5 shot one kneeling. Not quite so tight.

---
My favourites
springer - Diana 52
PCP - FX Wildcat III
nunga View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nunga Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2017 at 10:11am
yes i have rams in stock for these $65 if you are interested.
2nd place HP springer - WFTF World Championships 2014

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic