Kiwi Airgunners Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > New to airguns? > Tips and things to look out for
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

What am I doing wrong?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2017 at 9:13pm
At a 1ft range there isn't a feather out there that will stop a pellet from a 8ft/lb+ air rifle. I have a Hammerli 850 0.177 CO2 rifle running 11ft/lbs. It will put a hole straight through a rabbits head at 20yds, so a rooster head at 1ft has no chance.

With it shooting high at such an obviously low power I reckon the previous owner fired it with the barrel cocked. This has bent the barrel and damaged the piston head and/or spring. You need to get it checked out.
Flub View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2017 at 9:31pm
I see from your profile that you live in Rodney District. Maybe you could contact the North Harbour airgun club as I'm sure someone there would take a look. They'd also have a chronograph to check the power. There are some members on here who may see this and help.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic