Kiwi Airgunners Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical > Pauly's Technical Area
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Laminated blank or plywood

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J-S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2017 at 12:42pm
Originally posted by Pauly5 Pauly5 wrote:

Will have a look. Ta

plenty of images on their facebook pages too for shape inspiration.
Pauly5 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pauly5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2017 at 6:51pm
They look good. Is that price in nzd? Not cheap, but yeah not too bad if you embark on a project.
Flub View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2017 at 8:48pm

Where abouts are you flub?

Sorry, only just seen this. I'm in Otorohanga but I travel all over the country for work and as I'm the boss I set my own agenda
Flub View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2017 at 9:10pm
My wife just said "we buy marine ply in work". She works for a company that makes kitchen benchtops. Her boss is also into guns so he'll know if what they use is suitable. I'll ask and also get a price.
Pauly5 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pauly5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2017 at 9:25pm
That's exciting.  
I managed to score a small piece, enough for one stock from an engineer that repairs boats the other day.
So i'm working on an outline/template.
J-S View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J-S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2017 at 9:36am

They look good. Is that price in nzd? Not cheap, but yeah not too bad if you embark on a project.

Yeah it looks to be in NZD with free shipping. Not cheap at all, but there look to be some familiar colours in there, so wouldnt be surprised if they are used by some of the big names - AA, HW etc
But marine ply will probably get an excellent result so do post some pics of the progress.

Pauly5 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pauly5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2017 at 9:44am
I do like those Air arms stocks.

Check out laminated stock in the technical section. Me and another guy made some stocks a while ago.
Pauly5 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pauly5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2017 at 11:04pm
Well someone gave me a piece of marine ply, just enough for one blank, so I started on a new stock for my 97. Suitably inspired by a build forwarded onto me by JS, I am taking a more calculated approach to this one. This stock will be more of a target style for FT, but I am looking forward to getting creative and making a mess.

Laminating and roughing out the design.

Outline for inletting drawn onto the stock. I have it clamped and ready to router it out.
Pauly5 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pauly5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2017 at 9:55pm
Made a start on the in-letting tonight. Cable tied the vacuum to the router and it works quite well.

nunga View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nunga Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2017 at 10:46am
was just about to ask what the cable ties were for :)
2nd place HP springer - WFTF World Championships 2014

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic