Kiwi Airgunners Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > For Sale / Wanted > Wanted
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Hand pump

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pauly5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hand pump
    Posted: 25 Apr 2017 at 5:26am
Does anyone have a hand pump for filling/topping up a pcp?
Thinking about getting one to top up instead of carrying a tank on jobs.
swampy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote swampy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2017 at 7:09am
Have you thought of getting a small tank. I've got a 3 L one which is pretty handy. Probably wouldn't carry it far though.
Pauly5 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pauly5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2017 at 3:04pm
Yea. I have actually got one. I was thinking for when my tanks get low and I need that top up to the ultimate pressure. Must admit that's why I like springers cos you never need to worry about filling them.
swampy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote swampy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2017 at 10:26pm
Okay, I see where you are coming from. My cyclone has its reg set at 160 bar so I always like to get tanks filled to well over 200. I like springers for the same reason and to be honest I enjoy shooting them more than pcp's. I just can't shoot them well enough to use them for hunting except at short ranges.
Pauly5 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pauly5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2017 at 3:04am
What reg is in your cyclone? I just got a rob Lane one. I will run mine Around 12 fpe and lower for sparrows and pigeons inside buildings. Still have to put it in as im going to try and balance the hammer and valve spring tension etc for best results.
swampy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote swampy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2017 at 9:15pm
Its a Huma one but Wingman had to do a lot of work on it to get it right. Works mint now and have it set on 24.5 ft/lb (Hi power), 16.5 ft/lb (mid-power) and 11.5 ft/lb (low power). Is a .22 though
Pauly5 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pauly5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2017 at 4:14am
Nice. So you've got a breather hole in the tank? The Rob lane breathes through the thread on the end of the tank, so I leave the big O ring out when putting it back together. Do you know if wingman drilled your transfer port?
swampy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote swampy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2017 at 8:03pm
Yup wingman put a breather hole in the valve en but didn't touch the transfer port.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic