Kiwi Airgunners Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Introductions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

New shooter

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shootersteve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New shooter
    Posted: 17 Apr 2017 at 9:58pm
Hey, I'm Steve and I just moved to Welly from Sydney. Was stoked to find out you don't need a firearms licence to buy air rifles here and I was lucky enough to be able to rent a place with a large, enclosed backyard safe to shoot in. I picked up a Gamo Varmint recently and I've been having fun getting used to it. I'm planning on getting my firearms licence in the next few weeks as well and expanding my collection but I'm really liking my first ever air rifle at the moment.

Thought I'd join in case I need any tips or whatever. Cheers.
Pauly5 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pauly5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2017 at 12:01am
Hi Steve, welcome. Sounds like a nice setup having somewhere to shoot. Feel free to checkout Wellington airgunner. Regular shoots at the Wainui indoor range, and also field target or sporter target the next time we have a shoot at the other ranges.
xyon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xyon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2017 at 6:37am
Hi Steve,
Welcome to NZ. If that's you first air rifle you might want to google the "Artillery hold" to get the best accuracy.

Cheers
Bruce

---
My favourites
springer - Diana 52
PCP - FX Wildcat III
shootersteve View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shootersteve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2017 at 8:45am
Originally posted by xyon xyon wrote:

Hi Steve,
Welcome to NZ. If that's you first air rifle you might want to google the "Artillery hold" to get the best accuracy.

Cheers
Bruce

Cheers. Yeah the first day I had it out I was holding it wrong. Figured my shots were off cos I was still breaking it in and getting used to it. Did a little reading that night and yeah, accuracy is much improved with that hold. 
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic