Kiwi Airgunners Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Introductions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Howzit?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote swampy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Howzit?
    Posted: 15 Apr 2017 at 9:24pm
Swampy here from the old forum. Been a bit quiet with the airguns lately but did by a 2240 a couple of months back. I can see how those things can go from cheap pistols to really expensive ones if you can't control yourself. Pulling a rekord apart tonight to see if I can improve it. Has a gritty feel and wobbly trigger blade. 
Pauly5 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pauly5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2017 at 12:42pm
Is that out of an hw or tx
swampy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote swampy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2017 at 1:15pm
Hi Pauly5

HW30S. First lesson was not to use a 2 mm punch on a pin that is slightly less than 2mm. Hope I haven't rooted it!
Pauly5 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pauly5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2017 at 3:46am
Should be OK as long as it doesn't travel out. I had a go tuning mine a while ago. Even made a new blade for it. I was tempted to move the trigger forward a touch to lighten up the trigger, but never got around to it. Look in the technical section.
swampy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote swampy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2017 at 8:47pm
Okay thanks. What do you mean by travel out? I think I might have also lost a spacer/washer for one of the sears. There was one in the youtube video I was following (https://youtu.be/GFAgEQEPTsM at 3:35) but I couldn't or didn't find one in mine.

Despite the stuff ups I'm really enjoying playing around with it. Did you notice a big improvement? This one is no where near as nice as the one in my 95
Pauly5 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pauly5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2017 at 11:55pm
I mean if you have made the hole it fits into bigger, it might work it's way out.
Yes,quite a nice improvement. Smoother and the let off was crisper. Have you looked at the Weihrauch owners Forum? There's some good info there too.
swampy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote swampy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2017 at 9:39pm
Managed to put it together again and seems to be working fine. It is definately noticeably smoother but I will need to play with the second stage travel a bit to get it working exactly to my tastes. I found out on the WOC that Weihrauch have changed the design of that rear sear and it looks like it doesn't need the spacer any more..wheowsh!!

Thanks for the help with it Pauly5
Pauly5 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pauly5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2017 at 5:06am
It has been a while since I had done mine, but Yea that new rear sear threw me slightly at first too.
I like the way you can test fire the trigger unit out of the gun.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic