Kiwi Airgunners Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical > Pauly's Technical Area
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Diana 52 spring guide

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
xyon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xyon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Diana 52 spring guide
    Posted: 20 Mar 2017 at 8:50pm
Thanks Guys,
I wanted to have a good go with it tonight, but I got sucked into trimming horse hooves. So I managed to shoot about 20 pellets through it before it got dark.
---
My favourites
springer - Diana 52
PCP - FX Wildcat III
nunga View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nunga Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2017 at 12:36pm
the spring guide should be a nice tight fit, when you cock the gun the spring compresses and the inside of the spring will get bigger and yes it will quieten your gun down  a lot! :) thats why people get the tune kits.

I would put 50 shots through it before you put it over the crony again. Give the parts a chance to settle in again and then see what it is putting out.
2nd place HP springer - WFTF World Championships 2014

RobD View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RobD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2017 at 12:33pm
You've done well! The spring guide needs to be snug in there otherwise it does nothing. Now the twang is gone this means less vibration and hopefully better accuracy. Speed is not everything.
AA TX200
Pauly5 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pauly5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2017 at 10:10pm
What did you make it out of, metal or delrin?
I know when I got one for one of my guns I thought it was incredibly tight, but remember that the measurement inside the coil increases as you compress the spring. So maybe under a bit of pre load and cocking it actually fits really well.
I would say put heaps of pellets through it and see how it goes, it is probably a bit tamer to shoot now anyway.
xyon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xyon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2017 at 8:02pm
Hi,
I just made a new spring guide for my Diana 52. It was my first attempt at making one. I think I may have made it a bit too tight. It was quite tight to get the spring on for assembly.
This is the change different in fps before and after

RWS Super Field 15.9 gr
Factory guide = 825 fps (24.0 fpe)
Custom guide = 770 fps  (20.9 fpe)

Is there any problem using it like this (other than the loss of power)? I wondered if the spring might be putting too much pulling force on the guide and break it.

The up side is the twang is gone, it must be quieter now as I can here the pellet flying through the air now, where as before that was mostly masked by the twang Smile
---
My favourites
springer - Diana 52
PCP - FX Wildcat III
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic