FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Gas Ram conversions

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
nunga View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nunga Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2013 at 1:11pm
Originally posted by (pink)MIST (pink)MIST wrote:

waiting to see how yours turns out.
what model crosman are you converting? calibre ?
do you have pre - gasram chrony figures to compare with as well?
And what brand of gasram are you using? (stabila, theoben , benjamin, etc)

When mine was done, and I first heard it being shot, I felt disheartned at first. Quieter and a lot less visible recoil. surely these were signs of a drop in power.....
nope
a slight power gain was had, matched with alot more consistency in chrony results.
That plus less felt recoil meant alot more hits were going exactly where I asked them to,  on paper the groups shrank in size considerably.

The gun is .22 Crosman Optimus.

Pre gas ram was 680fps with RWS super dome. after the conversion 750fps.

The gas ram is a no-name. It was built to my specs what i asked for :). She is currently sitting on 60KG of moving force.

I have ordered a second strut but this one is charged to 90KG. it also has been made with a touch of oil between the main seals to keep the seals from drying out this will also act as a damper system. When the strut is near its d-compressed state it wont hit so hard at it's last 2mm of stroke this should keep the seals intact longer and have less of a kick. it is rated to 20,000 compressions before it will need re gassing. It will be here mid next week.

Keep you posted !
(pink)MIST View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote (pink)MIST Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2013 at 9:32pm
waiting to see how yours turns out.
what model crosman are you converting? calibre ?
do you have pre - gasram chrony figures to compare with as well?
And what brand of gasram are you using? (stabila, theoben , benjamin, etc)

When mine was done, and I first heard it being shot, I felt disheartned at first. Quieter and a lot less visible recoil. surely these were signs of a drop in power.....
nope
a slight power gain was had, matched with alot more consistency in chrony results.
That plus less felt recoil meant alot more hits were going exactly where I asked them to,  on paper the groups shrank in size considerably.

NZAFTA President
1st place HP springer - 2014 WFTF Worlds
1st place HP springer - 2014 Nats

AA TX200 MK111, Optisan Viper 8-32x60 JSB. VMach, TbT, maestro design.
nunga View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nunga Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2013 at 4:20pm
Ok i have my new ram. I am converting my old Crosman first to see how it goes. I have spent the most part of the day sorting it out and have finished it just now. It is getting dark outside and the rain is coming so i will test it tomorrow if the weather lets me.

The New RAM.

I made a home made valve spring compressor to compress the Gas Ram. As you can see it is very simple but does the job nicely

The ram fits nicely almost like a brought one!!, Just need to finish putting it back together now.

So thats what i have done so far. Testing will be tomorrow.
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote (pink)MIST Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2013 at 9:38pm
i feel i pic thread coming on :)
NZAFTA President

nunga View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nunga Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2013 at 8:59pm
With a bit of luck i should have my first gun converted over the long weekend :) will keep you posted.
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote (pink)MIST Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2013 at 8:48pm
well there goes that idea i had......, its all good tho, we're in NZ, the land of ingenuity :)
SURELY someone will figure out how to get it done sometime
NZAFTA President

Raizer View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Raizer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2013 at 12:34am
Yeah I believe so.
Snoobab View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snoobab Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2013 at 10:50pm
So that would be pretty much the same for an AATX200hc wouldn't it.
"I feel the same way about disco as I do about herpes".
- Hunter S. Thompson
Raizer View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Raizer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2013 at 7:11pm
Many fixed barrel guns can be rammed just the same as break barrels.
But lots of guns like Weihrauchs etc can not be rammed due to the trigger latch coming out of the middle of the piston

Hidayat View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hidayat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2013 at 2:37pm
Is that true or joking if fixed barrel gun cannot to be gas ramed?if true why?i'm not technician only partime pest controlerSmile
NOTHING IMPOSSIBLE EVEN ONLY WITH 200FPS
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic