Kiwi Airgunners Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical > Reviews
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Benjamin Titan GP Nitro Piston .22

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nunga Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Benjamin Titan GP Nitro Piston .22
    Posted: 13 Apr 2013 at 4:32pm
Right.

I decided it was time to add to my collection so i sneaked down to Youngs after work. I got my self Benjamin Titan GP Nitro Piston  850 -950 fps in .22 according to the claims on the box. cost price $385.00

Unpacked it and took it out of the box. First impressions was it looks ok, a bit rough around the edges. It takes a bit of cock the gun. It is harder to cock than my Crosman Optimus .22 but not as hard to cock as my Hatsan 125. The Scope it came with is just your cheap crap one which the manufactures give. I will be replacing this by next weekend.

I have put around 100 rounds through the gun so far and i hope it gets better than what is is now. The grouping is ok at best but most of the time it is all over the place. 4 out of 7 shots go where you want But as for the others, is just plain luck.

I have tried Accupell 14.3gr these leave the barrel @ 785 high and 775 low which is around 19pfe which is not so bad.

The RWS superdome 14.5gr comes out @ 755 high and low 750 which works out around 18pfe these did group better but still no where near what i was expecting.

My Hatsan and Crosman performed a lot better out of the box than this gun.

I hope this gun gets better or it will be going on TradeMe.

(pink)MIST View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote (pink)MIST Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2013 at 10:49pm
whats the scope? is it one of the centrepoint ones, and what do you want for it?
im minus one scope for a rifle at the mo, and at the right $ it saves me scouring TM

NZAFTA President
1st place HP springer - 2014 WFTF Worlds
1st place HP springer - 2014 Nats

AA TX200 MK111, Optisan Viper 8-32x60 JSB. VMach, TbT, maestro design.
nunga View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nunga Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2013 at 10:53pm
yea its a Center Point  4x32, Make me an offer :)
nunga View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nunga Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2013 at 11:37am
Well here is an update on the gun.

I have come to the conclusion that the Benjamin and the Crosman Optimus are the same gun with the difference is the Benjamin has a gas ram and thumb hole grip and the Crosman has a spring.

Now since the misses doesnt know i got the new gun yesterday and she did tell me i cant get any new toys i came up with a brain storm that i would swap out all the ad-on's ie the scope and gun stock.

I now have a gun that looks like my old Crosman but is the new gas ram Benjamin. sh*t im good :)

Hope the misses doesnt read this... sorry honey i love you please dont be mad!

I must say since i have swapped the parts over and re sighted in the scope it has made a huge difference in performance. The gun is now grouping like i expected it to.

Edited by Nunga - 14 Apr 2013 at 5:11pm
SteveH View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SteveH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2013 at 8:04pm
Originally posted by Nunga Nunga wrote:

Well here is an update on the gun.

I have come to the conclusion that the Benjamin and the Crosman Optimus are the same gun with the difference is the Benjamin has a gas ram and thumb hole grip and the Crosman has a spring.

Now since the misses doesnt know i got the new gun yesterday and she did tell me i cant get any new toys i came up with a brain storm that i would swap out all the ad-on's ie the scope and gun stock.

I now have a gun that looks like my old Crosman but is the new gas ram Benjamin. sh*t im good :)

Hope the misses doesnt read this... sorry honey i love you please dont be mad!

I must say since i have swapped the parts over and re sighted in the scope it has made a huge difference in performance. The gun is now grouping like i expected it to.

I love your disguise work!
Big smile
HARC President 2014/5

nunga View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nunga Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2013 at 1:50pm
Originally posted by (pink)MIST (pink)MIST wrote:

whats the scope? is it one of the centrepoint ones, and what do you want for it?
im minus one scope for a rifle at the mo, and at the right $ it saves me scouring TM

You still want the scope mate? I will put it on trademe over the weekend if you do not need it anymore. PM me if you want it.

Cheers :)
(pink)MIST View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote (pink)MIST Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2013 at 10:18pm
give it to trademe and see how you go mate. i thought it might have come with a 3-9x, but a 4x32 might be a touch small for me:) 
cheers anyway
NZAFTA President
1st place HP springer - 2014 WFTF Worlds
1st place HP springer - 2014 Nats

AA TX200 MK111, Optisan Viper 8-32x60 JSB. VMach, TbT, maestro design.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic