Kiwi Airgunners Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Introductions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Hi from Thames

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DiddleyDee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hi from Thames
    Posted: 31 Dec 2016 at 12:31pm
I was on another forum that seems to have run out of air, so I'll hang around here for a bit if you don"t mind.

I have a Crosman 1322 optioned up to 12+FPE with 18" brrl and 10.5 FPE with 10" brrl.
I have had 16FPE with 25pumps but blow piston seals after a dozen or shots, so settle on 15 pumps max. pellets I use are RWS Superfields. I also have a DPT modular silencer for it that means in company you have to explain that it was the gun not you.

I have recently purchased a Cometa Fusion .22 Gas Piston Mk2 rifle from a great online store in Whangarei. I have a Hawke 4x32AO scope on it and at 15 yards it makes a single ragged hole with five shots rested. With a higher mag scope I am sure it would be deadly accurate out to 30 yards or more. It puts out around 16FPE depending on pellet but I have found the H&N FTT about the best so far. It takes Rats and Mynahs at 18 yards (my bait station) with ease.

Cheers everyone
DD
nunga View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nunga Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Dec 2016 at 1:08pm
Hello and welcome to the forum. Its good to see some life coming back on here so all are welcome :)
2nd place HP springer - WFTF World Championships 2014

Pauly5 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pauly5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Dec 2016 at 1:57pm
HI DD, I have a 1377 and it's real accurate. I think everyone should have either one in their collection.
P
nunga View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nunga Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Dec 2016 at 3:00pm
The brother in law has a cometa in .22 they are a good rifle he uses it for possum smacking and it has plenty of power. They are a nice rifle to shoot.
2nd place HP springer - WFTF World Championships 2014

DiddleyDee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DiddleyDee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Dec 2016 at 5:44pm
Thanks for the welcome guys.

DD
Hidayat View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hidayat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Dec 2016 at 6:23pm
Welcome DD...some kill photo please if you have one :)
NOTHING IMPOSSIBLE EVEN ONLY WITH 200FPS
Novagun View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Novagun Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2017 at 7:45pm
Hidayat still likes the sight of blood I see.
Ive looked sideways at the Cometa range a few times.  Spanish but the must be better than our 
Spanish Rail ferry and maybe a step up from Gamo.
Don't see many Cometas around here and I really don't need another airgun.
DiddleyDee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DiddleyDee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2017 at 9:27pm
Hi Novagun

This Cometa Fusion is a Gas Piston and pellet on pellet accurate and is lovely to shoot. I think they are meant to be around 700 fps with .22 FTT pellets but mine is around 630 but it's so nice to shoot and looks so good I  think I'll just keep it as is. Excellent build quality from what I can see, a strip down may prove otherwise but after around 3000 pellets nothing has come loose. It's not a powerhouse but it kills what it shoots at.

DD

Novagun View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Novagun Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2017 at 6:17pm
Well that sounds encouraging. I looked at the Diana n-tec 34 (.177)  The onhe I shot was a .22 and it was not really that smooth and the recoil was a bit more than I expected. The .22 had an advertised  MV of 1100 fps.  The .177 1100 fps: too fast. Then of course was price. $1000 and then more for a scope. 
Far too much money for plinking and taking the odd rabbit when the chaps on the NZ Rimfire forum say those Norinco JW 15s. ( I think I got that part right) are able to be titivated into a very good rifle and cheap as well. I also had a shot with the N-tec 350. Not for me at any price.
So Diana dollars = nothing from me.
I agree that gas ram is nice to shoot but no more accurate than a  wire springer. No spring torque. I like my Gamo IGT but it still needs some more tweaking and I have run out of ideas for the time being

Anyway back to Cometa. A Fusion --- Maybe. They are a bit more friendly in the price department. And I really don't need one.
Novagun View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Novagun Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2017 at 6:22pm
Got the Mv of vthe .22 wrong. I should have said 950 fps.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic