Kiwi Airgunners Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Flub's General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Airgun hobby communication.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Novagun Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Airgun hobby communication.
    Posted: 13 Dec 2016 at 11:32am
Well it looks like the NZairgun site is truly dead. With the time it has been down it seems that something  final has happened. All that information gone.
Thanks to Nunga for keeping this site alive even though its patronage was small.
We had better start talking on this site  to keep communication about airguns alive because in NZ if has suffered a lot from the two sites that failed and from the other petty sites that start up.

Seems that it is too easy to start a new page but still keep the old ones dangling in the breeze.
Wouldn't a one stop site be good. 

Pauly5 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pauly5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2016 at 5:57pm
I see you've got itchy fingers there Nova. I like the title you gave this thread.
nunga View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nunga Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2016 at 12:35am
yes the other site has been sown for some time now. its a shame to see it go if it is in fact dead for good. I started this site when the original NZ airgun site died a few years ago. and have kept it alive since then. I had my moments and almost shut it down a few times but its my baby and i couldn't let it go! ha ha 

If anyone has ideas on what i can do to improve the site or if there is any features you think would be cool to add let me know and ill see what i can do. ive done a lot of custom scripting to this site over the last few years.  I make a shout box when people asked for it and i also customized the layout so you can chose your own theme. and im currently working on the code for the mobile view because it is pretty crappy out of the box. There is a new version of this forum that fixes the mobile view but if i upgrade i will loose all my custom scripts i have added because they have renamed a lot of the pages and all my coding wont work so i will just work on making this one better.

2nd place HP springer - WFTF World Championships 2014

Pauly5 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pauly5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2016 at 5:52am
The view I get on my mobile is pretty good. I can just expand it to enlarge the print.
nunga View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nunga Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2016 at 10:11am
Every mobile device i have used to view this site only displays half the page on the screen. You have to do like you said and expand the screen....but you shouldnt have to. I also have found if you use the link at the bottom of the main page to view in classic view and if you have your phone auto screen rotation turned on, just turn the phone sideways and the problem is fixed.

Flub View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2016 at 11:08pm
It's great that we have this site to go to following the demise of the other one. I do all of my forum watching in Tapatalk, is there any chance of this one being added. Happy to donate towards costs.

Edited by Flub - 23 Dec 2016 at 11:09pm
nunga View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nunga Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Dec 2016 at 9:03am
Hi Flub, Ive had a quick look at the Tapatalk plugin that you are talking about. I dont think i can do too much with that because it is for PHP based forums and this is a ASP site. but i shall have a did around and see.

Novagun View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Novagun Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Dec 2016 at 10:00am
I don't know anything at all about these technical electronic matters but things that could assist the forum.
1. A shout b0x. ( or is that to plagiaristic)
2. invitations to old forum users like Mintie and Wingman and Dvinme and others. How you do that I know not.
Pauly5 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pauly5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Dec 2016 at 10:18am
There's already a shout box at the bottom of home page.
nunga View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nunga Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Dec 2016 at 10:22am
Would you like the chat box on every page?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic