Kiwi Airgunners Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical > Pauly's Technical Area
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

broken top sear

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rabbiter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: broken top sear
    Posted: 09 Dec 2016 at 7:50am
I had a couple of feck ups the other niteCry ,due to a very busy period ,lack of sleep and hours of shooting ,mistakes come very easy,new gun and all .I wasnt sure if I would do real damage if I fired the S 510 without a pellet up the beech ,so at some stage due to all these factours after reloading I managed to load up a total of 2 pellets and even gave the third a bloody good go.lol Of course that shut the whole operation down & I  just went back to my bed !In the morning a .22 push rod saw the pellets out but it wouldnt cock so I regassed it and that did the trick however when I went to work the lever back my fat Southland fingers slipped half way back =after I took the side plate off I spotted a broke top sear .I gave Ron(bloody good bugger ) at Youngs air guns a ring and he sent me a couple down ,stating he had only fixed two in two years so I didnt need to order 5 spares ha ha .I also ordered a AAmag light which I use to check to see if I have already have a pellet loaded in the beech,tested it and it works well from muzzel end .While I had the trigger apart I decided to give all 3 sears a bit of a polish up ,now these babys are as smooth as a 22 year old hotties inner thighClap .Its all a learning curveWink but hopefully lessons have been learnt .
Pauly5 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pauly5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2016 at 9:56am
Good to get that sorted. Dont want to be rough with that hottie.😋
Rabbiter View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rabbiter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2016 at 5:27pm
I was gutted to be truthful & wasnt sure if Id done some major damage else where but its back on track ,placing touching holes at 55 yards on half a egg sized target ,good enough for most rabbits .I aim for the engine room ,the odd head shot but i aim is to "take as many of em out "get some lead into them & a finisher if needed .
Pauly5 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pauly5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2016 at 5:35pm
Sounds like its a tack driver. With doing repairs you get to know your gun well, and often get to tune them up a bit at the same time.
Photos of quarry is always good to see. Wink
Rabbiter View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rabbiter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2016 at 9:24pm
Originally posted by Pauly5 Pauly5 wrote:

Sounds like its a tack driver. With doing repairs you get to know your gun well, and often get to tune them up a bit at the same time.
Photos of quarry is always good to see. Wink

Yes ,I'm thinking the same ,Id like to replace those sh*t trigger side plate screws with good allen key bolts .  
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic