Kiwi Airgunners Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Flub's General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Air rifle barrel cleaning

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rabbiter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Air rifle barrel cleaning
    Posted: 05 Dec 2016 at 11:41am
Hi Guys ,I was wondering what product you clean the barrel of a air gun with & how offen ?thanks JT.Smile
nunga View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nunga Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2016 at 1:43pm
You can get a barrel cleaning kit. Youngs Airguns sell them and i have one and they are good they have everything you need to do the job i think they are around 60-70 dollars. Or you can always use a bit of fishing line with a knot on the end and cut some small 20x20mm square bits of rag and pull it through the barrel. you can do it dry. i use white rag so you can see how much crap is in the barrel. You can use a very thin oil as well but normally only use that if the gun hasnt had a clean for ages. and im talking 1 year plus. Once you have cleaned your barrel alow 10 or so shots through the barrel for the gun's speed to settle back down again. alow up to 30 shots if cleaning with a solvent or oil.

As to how often to clean. that is a hole new ball game lol. Everyone has a different view. My .22 crosman has never had the barrel clened and i have never had a problem with it. my TX200 i clean every second tin of pellets (1000 rounds) i would say clean if you notice the gun starting to spray pellets.
2nd place HP springer - WFTF World Championships 2014

Rabbiter View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rabbiter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2016 at 9:36pm
Thanks for the very helpfull info Nunga ,its what these internet site are all about .

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic