Kiwi Airgunners Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Introductions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Greetings from the Waikato

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Tracer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tracer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Greetings from the Waikato
    Posted: 20 Jul 2016 at 10:02am
Thank you, I did consider the Zoraki HP-01 as an option one time but dismissed it due to the fairly high cost. The more I dig into each of the similar types I decided to stick with old school type models. If I could find a Crosman 1322 or dare I say it a Webley tempest or a BSA scorpion in .22 this would really make my day provided it was affordable....things are a little tough since I was laid off.....
Pauly5 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pauly5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2016 at 9:52pm
Check out the Zoraki HP 01
I've got one in .22 and they are really good. I have dropped pest seagulls at 30m with it. They are a three stroke pneumatic pistol. From memory around $350 or possible less. I think there was one on trade me the other day.
Tracer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tracer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2016 at 1:33pm
I guess you are referring to the 2240 Ron had advertised,I have already made an earlier enquiry with Ron which proved unsuccessful, he was quick though to refresh on the facts regarding the law changes? I have exhausted trade me, there was a trading from a local guy for a .22 Webley senior but I was unfortunately too slow on the draw, I will keep on searching until something pops up it usually does when you least expect it.

Anyway thanks for your time......

nunga View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nunga Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2016 at 10:49pm
you can pick up a C02 powered .22 pistol from youngs for as little as $220.00 No filling equipment needed.

Your only other option is trademe. You might find something there.

anyway let us know what you decide to get :)
2nd place HP springer - WFTF World Championships 2014

Tracer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tracer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2016 at 2:39pm
Thank you for your reply. Although I value your honest opinion I beg to differ in so many ways. After some research on the web, pyramid air is a good source of info, to be exact, I do agree some of the CO2 and most definite PCP pistols are definitely more powerful than the older spring pistols but honestly I really couldn't spare the extra cash for additional filling equipment and cartridges for the PCP and co2 pistols and put up with the time wasted in doing so. Where a springer is just cock and fire and provided you service regularly you are guaranteed no issues.

If you don't mind a little history, in the old days we only had BSA's and the odd Diana known simply as No 1 & No 2's and believe it or not we could buy these straight off the wall in drug stores (pharmacies). With these we used to modify them to well exceed the factory settings, for example removing the spring stretch a little, re-heat in oil and bob's your uncle. We did take it a step further one time, (not recommended in this day and age not with the quality the guns are made of) and used a duplicate spring and in-twine them together, it was hell of a thing to cock but certainly did some damage.

At the end of the day it is still prefer the old springer's but I am starting to doubt if there are any serviceable models around.   
nunga View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nunga Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2016 at 11:11pm
to be honest i think a brake barrel .22 pistol would not be any good. they just dont have the power you are looking for due to the compactness of the pistol and parts. you are much better looking for a co2 powered pistol.
2nd place HP springer - WFTF World Championships 2014

Tracer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tracer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2016 at 7:41pm
Hello everyone and greetings from the Waikato, I have popped in to ask for any assistance with the possible whereabouts of any available 22 spring, break barrel air pistols to assist in my quest for ridding my property of pesky rabbits, I am not particularly keen on CO2 or PCP types probably because I grew up using a BSA scorpion back in the old country, I am kind of fond of the old springer's to be honest. These pistol laws have really put these items into hiding for good or so it seems.   

I have a Gamo Shadow CSI 22 with a Stirling 4 x 20 scope which takes care of business pretty well from a distance, but lately I find I am in need something grunty to use at close quarters as these cheeky buggers have come up close and personal and found refuge around the house where using a rifle really isn't an option.

There are still suppliers advertising 22 air pistols such as the Crosman 1322 but I think it is just a tactic to visit their sites, quite sneaky, only to refer you to the change in gun laws.

If you guys could point me in the right direction it would really be appreciated.

Thanks

Tracer
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic