Kiwi Airgunners Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Flub's General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

when you cant shoot straight

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nunga Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: when you cant shoot straight
    Posted: 22 Apr 2016 at 6:14pm
Well i took some time out to have a look at the tx today to see if i can work out why the hell i cant seem to hit anything with it lately. It was strange. It would shoot good for 5 or 6 shots then wouldnt group at all then it would shoot high then low then way to the left...it was just pure luck if i could hit anything. then it would come right again and shoot fine for another 5 or 6 shots. The last round of the GP was a classic example first half was good, got 18 out of 25? second half 5 out of 25?...I also noticed it wasnt cocking properly and the safety was not engaging like it should and sometimes it wouldnt cock at all. so i decided to strip it down and have a look to see if i could get some idea on what was causing this. surely it wasn't me? was it? it always seems to be the same when shooting...it would go good for a bit then turn to crap so it was time to get to the bottom of this once and for all.

I stripped it down this afternoon and found this...

This is what is left of my top hat and i would say this is the reason for the gun shooting all over the place there was bits stuck in the spring and took a long time to get the bits out of the piston. Bad news is my Lathe is still in storage and i cant machine up another one in time for tomorrows shoot. I did manage to find the original steel top hat for it ( well i thought it was for it) it was very tight to get over the spring but it will do for the weekend till i get another sorted. It seems to be grouping properly now so hopefully it will be good for the weekend !

Edited by Nunga - 22 Apr 2016 at 6:24pm
2nd place HP springer - WFTF World Championships 2014

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic