FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Flip up scope cap

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
nunga View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nunga Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Flip up scope cap
    Posted: 15 Apr 2016 at 3:47pm
yes their website is a bit confusing with those different size charts they have.
2nd place HP springer - WFTF World Championships 2014

RobD View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RobD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2016 at 1:54pm
I had been searching for a while for a flip up scope cover for the objective on my sightron 60mm and had looked at the butler creek range. These seem fairly cheap but they make such a wide range of sizes and finding the right size was easier than I thought.
Firstly I looked on the butler creek website and they recommend a #51. I did a bit of googling and others had used a #53 or #53A. I thought something ain't right if there is such a difference in what people are fitting to this scope.
After a bit of pondering I figured I'll just take the sunshade down to my local shop and in a couple of minutes I had a perfect fitting flip up cover for my scope. If your objective outside diameter is 69mm and you're happy enough with a butler creek get the size #54.
Learnings...sometimes you have to pull your head out the computer and take your sh!t to the shop!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic