Kiwi Airgunners Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Flub's General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Diana noise supressor

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rosco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Diana noise supressor
    Posted: 14 Dec 2015 at 12:43pm
Hi I've just purchased a Diana57TH and was wondering if there was a silencer available for this model, it has a barrel counter weight which makes it difficult to fit a silencer ? any help most appreciated.
Cheers Rosco
nunga View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nunga Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2015 at 9:26am
Hello and welcome to the forums.

Are you sure thats a 57 and not a 56 you are talking about? those barrel counter weights are molded onto the barrel and they can not be moved. they also act as a cocking leaver so if you were to find something that would fit on them you would probably end up damaging the plastic so it would not be a very good idea. Only way around that would be to remove it and get a silencer made up for it to fit properly. I did one for my Crosman last year. Only thing with that is once you take it off and mod it you cant go back to the original.
2nd place HP springer - WFTF World Championships 2014

Rosco View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rosco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2015 at 5:51pm
Hi Nunga, thanks for your reply, I'm pretty sure its a Diana 57TH the counter weight is all steel and is attached with two small grub screws, (I have taken it off for a look) this model is side cocking !
Cheers Ross
Rosco View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rosco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2015 at 6:21pm
Hi Nunga ! yes sorry m8 you are correct (I'm such a plonker) it is a 56th cheers Ross
pete View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pete Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Dec 2015 at 10:17pm
the noise from a spring powered air gun is mostly mechanical
from the action.... a good tune will quiten more than a silencer...
unless yer shooting super light pellets super sonic...

Edited by pete - 30 Dec 2015 at 10:19pm
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic