Kiwi Airgunners Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Flub's General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Hunting on DOC land

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nunga Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hunting on DOC land
    Posted: 03 Nov 2015 at 9:25pm
I just got myself a open hunting permit for Mt Pirongia Forest Park and surrounds. Valid till the 2/3/16 if anyone is interested to go out for a weekend or longer let us know.
2nd place HP springer - WFTF World Championships 2014

nunga View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nunga Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2015 at 1:01am
Well i went out over the weekend for a little look and to get the feel of the environment. It is very hilly there and very thick bush. I did an overnight hike to test my new packpack, tent and sleeping bag. I was happy with my gear and it kept me warm and dry. Here are some photos of my trip and to give you an idea of how high this mountain really is.

From the carpark it was a five and half hour hike to get to the west side of the mountain were the best shooting is, it was very hard work and very hilly and lots of mud around, I did see plenty of wildlife signs tho  along the way so that part was promising. I would say you would need to go out for at least 4 days as you will waste a day tramping in and another day getting back out.

2nd place HP springer - WFTF World Championships 2014

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic