Kiwi Airgunners Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Introductions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Hi everyone

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Moose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hi everyone
    Posted: 06 Aug 2015 at 9:57pm
What have I done? My older brother got himself a Benjamin Titan Nitro .22 and we had an afternoon shooting it. It took me back to my childhood and lo and behold what do I do but go out and pick up a near new Crossman Optimus .177. Must be a mid-life crisis!

The big question now is finding interesting places to shoot around Auckland, so I hope I can get a few ideas off of you guys.
Pauly5 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pauly5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2015 at 10:11pm
Hi moose,
Welcome, here your addiction starts.
I'm from wgtn so can't help, but there's a couple of clubs up your way. Check the main index board and pm someone from up that way for info.
nunga View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nunga Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2015 at 3:50pm
Hello and welcome to the forums. like Paul said, there is a few clubs around if you are talking about that sort of thing, North Harbour, Howick, Piako and there is also one Hamilton. Most clubs charge a small fee for you to shoot for the day but it is all good fun and well worth it.

Most clubs shoot every other sunday just have a look around or post inhere if your needing any more info.

2nd place HP springer - WFTF World Championships 2014

RobD View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RobD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2015 at 10:34am
The howick club meets mostly every 2nd thursday evening from 7pm and vary the targets each time. The range is 25m indoor. Great place to sight in your rifle and shoot competitively too. The other members are very helpful and I've learnt a lot from them.

The other club I've been going to is the North Harbour Airgun club. They meet every 2nd Sunday morning at an outdoor range in Greenhithe. Also very helpful people and will run a competitive shoot after sighting in. These guys also do field target shooting which is a lot of fun!

Membership at either club gives you 10% discount at Youngs airgun centre too.

Enjoy!
AA TX200
(pink)MIST View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote (pink)MIST Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2015 at 9:16pm
North harbour also run a sporter field target category, so you dont have to feel overwhelmed by the big flashy race guns :) ask nicely and some may let you have a try tho, good bunch of people.
go along on a Sunday for FT and sporter FT, check their FB page for dates and times
NZAFTA President
1st place HP springer - 2014 WFTF Worlds
1st place HP springer - 2014 Nats

AA TX200 MK111, Optisan Viper 8-32x60 JSB. VMach, TbT, maestro design.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic