Kiwi Airgunners Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Introductions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Hello

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mrsweetaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hello
    Posted: 27 Jun 2015 at 10:12am
Hi everyone,

I have re-entered the world of "guns" in an attempt to wrest my sons attention from his computer/console/pad. Starting off cheaply before I end up with a lot of money invested in something that doesn't get used,---been there done that with various other gear.

I purchased an older Hatsan 60 on Trademe and for the price find it quite adequate. Now I know you get what you pay for, but at this stage I only want to see if the interest remains. I don't know how many pellets have been through the Hatsan, but I suspect not a lot as it seemed to settle down markedly after the first 300. Before that it would be quite random for the first 5 or 6 shots before settling into a 1 inch group at at 20 metres.

I would like to get this thing to shoot as accurately as possible within its own limitations and to achieve that I suspect a gas ram is in its future and also some work on the trigger. I do not have the required engineering equipment so would really appreciate some advice as to who could do the gas ram for me and also a price.
Davey View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Davey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2015 at 11:58am
Nunga (Ian), the owner of this forum, is based in Puke and has rammed Hatsans before. He's definitely your best starting point for someone local :)

EDIT: Welcome to the forum and all that too ^_^

Edited by Davey - 27 Jun 2015 at 11:59am
Steyr LG110, Falcon T35, JSB 8.44
TX200, Leupold C35x, JSB 8.44
mrsweetaz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mrsweetaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2015 at 1:16pm
Thanks for that, not sure what the protocol is around here, would it be ok to just flick him a pm?
Pauly5 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pauly5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2015 at 1:24pm
I have had a hatsan before and it's my experience that it always seemed to take a couple of shots to " warm up". Taking it apart and smoothing off factory finishes and re a lube with molybdenum works a treat too. But at the end of the day it will only become so accurate. Maybe the whole pulling apart thing could inspire your boy too? As he will feel the fruits of his labour. Also the pellets make a difference. So you could get really good results with a certain pellet. Mine liked accupell pellets.
Keep us up to speed with how you go.
MAGPIE View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MAGPIE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2015 at 5:18pm
in answer to your question ..

yes just flick him a message .. he's very approachable and helpful type guy
.what a part of the county are you in ... few club shoots ( feild target ) tomorrow if that your sort of thing
mrsweetaz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mrsweetaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2015 at 5:27pm
I live in Stanmore Bay. lol,--just tin cans and Mynah's at this stage, If I can keep the little booger interested we may look into the club thing. He's turning 14 so attention span is not very long.
nunga View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nunga Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2015 at 7:09pm
Welcome to the forum.

Yes i can do your gas ram conversion and some trigger work for you as well. Drop me a PM and go from there.
2nd place HP springer - WFTF World Championships 2014

MAGPIE View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MAGPIE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2015 at 8:46pm
Hi me sweet a

Stanmore bay mu old stamping ground now just down the road at Orewa .. I shoot at North harbour and pariko .. and any were they let me .... I k kw what you ment about the kid with short attention spans .. mines the same except when it comes to video games
north harbour does shorter class which is great for the youngster to start with
Pauly5 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pauly5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2015 at 8:43am
Yea, my 14 year old is the same. It's hard getting him to do something else. I could turn green, pick up the pc and throw it against the wall. But he is a good happy boy.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic