Kiwi Airgunners Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Target Shooting and Clubs > Target Shooting
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Testing pellets

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Coil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2013 at 11:16pm
Here's the results of my basic pellet sorting of about half a tin of Gamo Pro Magnums.

To sort them I cut the end off of a Bic pen and dropped the pellets in head first one at a time (got this method from someone on another  forum I think).

There's a series of rings going down the pen, and clear space above them. I used the position of the skirt for the bottom sheet. Eg, if the skirt was in line with the first ring when it stopped, then it's at the top of the bottom page, '1' if the pellet stopped with the skirt touching ring seven, it's at the bottom of the bottom page, '7'.

If the skirt was above the first ring when it stopped I used the head position. So if the skirt was above the first ring and the head/tip of the pellet was in line with ring six, it is at the bottom of the top page,'6' the one whose head/tip was in line with line one is at the top of the top page, '1'.

These are in half ring increments, eg 1... 1.5... 2... 2.5 etc

Ruger Air Hawk .177
Weihrauch HW97K .177
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic