Kiwi Airgunners Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Target Shooting and Clubs > Target Shooting
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

WFTF?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shaqa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: WFTF?
    Posted: 15 Apr 2015 at 9:07am
I've been following this link over the last couple of days.....
What is happening with our sport? NZ lost all FT credibility because of what happened at the Worlds held here, now its seen to be supportive of WFTF rule changes that actually 'arent' rule changes.
Anyway have a read...

http://www.shooting-the-breeze.com/forums/showthread.php?t=26114

If you cant find it look in 'Shooting the Breeze' WFTF Rule changes.

Davey View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Davey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2015 at 11:06am
No one wants to work together... Countries don't participate in decision making (impossible to tell if on purpose or not) and then ignore decisions that are made or complain about them. It's a broken system and the WFTF was taking steps to fixing itself when I was involved as the NZ rep on the WFTF forum, which RobF set up and was the best info sharing system in place. Now it seems to have regressed to emails and shouting.

The system needs to change, but I have to say a system controlled by just the big (mostly European) players would probably be just as detrimental to non-European countries.

We made some real efforts to understand how to incentivise voting while I was on the worlds forum, and obviously I'm not involved anymore but I don't understand what's happening.

NZ supported EFTA's previous submission of no vote = no reps @ worlds each year but that's gone nowhere, I guess. It's a shame because reading a proposal, taking it back to the leadership or shooters (dependent on the voting structure, NZ voted based on the NZ Govs reaching a decision on behalf while I was NZSec) of the country in a 3 month window (which was the proposal) is really not that hard! It's a lot of time to get it done and it required posting 1 word on a message board.

Sigh. If wishes were fishes, shoulda woulda coulda etc.

/rant over
Davey View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Davey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2015 at 11:09am
In my time on the WFTF forum I would say only about 75% of member countries popped into the forum, and only about 1/2 to 2/3 participated in decision making at all.

England, NZ, NI, Portugal, Italy, Norway, Spain, Russia and a couple others were the main discussors at the time.

I guess this is why they went back to email, but seems like it's even less productive.
nunga View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nunga Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2015 at 3:10pm
Had a good read. its not that bad against us, two people having a bitch about us and those guys probably went even here. If the rest of the other countries voted then this topic wouldnt of been so bad and we wouldnt of even got a mention at all.

Not that i know anything anyway lol
2nd place HP springer - WFTF World Championships 2014

Pauly5 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pauly5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2015 at 12:17am
Yea I got sick of reading the ranting, and i could be wrong, but i get the feeling that a lot of the crap flying in that thread would have happened regardless of what happened here at the worlds.

I would love to say just shut up and shoot. None of that carry on is positive for the sport. Overly aggressive talk puts people off and we need more people in the sport here.  

Word!
Davey View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Davey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2015 at 8:50am
Alright, fair enough, I'll reign it in haha.
(pink)MIST View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote (pink)MIST Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2015 at 12:29pm
The wftf forum is gone. Leaving bulk email as the means of coms till such time as a new wftf forum is opened (in the process in told)
I've had several private emails from people telling me not to mind Conor, that's his nature, much like a dog with a toy until the next thing arises.
Also has been mentioned that after the event here, NZ knows more than most realise now about the needs and requirements for not only hosting but the running and maintaining of such an event (albeit it could've been learned a better way)
The problem with what's being posted is its only what people are choosing to put up.

The "rule" change is actually only an addition to the list of definitions. The "rule" remains as it was written, but now has less opportunity for misinterpretation .

Maybe it's just my view, but it seems like a lot are complaining because now they can't flaunt that rule like they used to?

At the end of the wftf presidential term (after Lithuania this year) changes can be, and I would guess will be made. One of which I can see being a proper rewrite of the wind indicator rule, as it's got every country unhappy.

Personally I'd like to see no additional items brought to the line, but existing items (leaves dirt strings) being allowed as this is more in keeping with the origins and originality of FT.
That's my own opinion anyway

B

Edited by (pink)MIST - 21 Apr 2015 at 12:31pm
NZAFTA President
1st place HP springer - 2014 WFTF Worlds
1st place HP springer - 2014 Nats

AA TX200 MK111, Optisan Viper 8-32x60 JSB. VMach, TbT, maestro design.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic