FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

My TX stock

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
nunga View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nunga Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: My TX stock
    Posted: 12 Jan 2015 at 10:20am
It was the front lever hitting the front mount and it was stopping the piston from going all the way back to engage the trigger. A quick file to give it some clearance and she is good as gold again.

The scope is a T50 yes :) and the side wheel is mine.
2nd place HP springer - WFTF World Championships 2014

Pauly5 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pauly5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2015 at 11:00pm
Let me guess, where do you put the hook when cocking?
Is that side wheel one you made? Is your scope a T50?

Edited by Pauly5 - 11 Jan 2015 at 11:01pm
nunga View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nunga Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2015 at 3:22pm
Thanks Paul :)

Just finished the practice shoot, good to see everyone that turned up. apart for a few problems cocking the gun (which is now sorted)  it felt good to hold and shoot both sitting and standing. The wind has gotten up a lot since this morning and it is a waste of time to do any more click ranging in these conditions. All in all i think this stock will do for now till i finish pimping Brett's old stock. :)

Pauly5 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pauly5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2015 at 3:05pm
Yea, that looks great Ian, Good job.
(pink)MIST View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote (pink)MIST Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2015 at 1:35pm
Definitely looks right on there (both pieces) , there's just something special about the tx stocks, the just feel nice :)
NZAFTA President
1st place HP springer - 2014 WFTF Worlds
1st place HP springer - 2014 Nats

AA TX200 MK111, Optisan Viper 8-32x60 JSB. VMach, TbT, maestro design.
nunga View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nunga Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2015 at 12:33pm
I dont think i really need to. I can just adjust the hook up or down and that does the same thing and it feels good as it is. But i will see after the first days shoot.

(pink)MIST View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote (pink)MIST Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2015 at 12:27pm
Nice, not tempted to cut and raise the cheek rest at all yet?
NZAFTA President
1st place HP springer - 2014 WFTF Worlds
1st place HP springer - 2014 Nats

AA TX200 MK111, Optisan Viper 8-32x60 JSB. VMach, TbT, maestro design.
nunga View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nunga Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2015 at 12:25pm
Well I have had the stock that Brett made on the TX for about a year now and it had started to crack and it was losing its strength. It has served me well but as the new season is just around the corner i needed to get a new stock on as soon as possible.

I decided to use the original TX factory stock and see how i could mod it without destroying the look so if i ever decided to sell it i could easily convert it back.

So after about an hour in the workshop machining up parts that would simply bolt on the original stock and with very little drilling I have come up with this.

I made a new base plate for the hook to suit the TX holes so this bolts straight on. I machined up some alloy bar with holes drilled through to bolt onto the trigger guard for the hamster and i only had to drill one extra hole in the stock for the second bar to fit. It feels good and i think it looks ok as well. I will try it out this afternoon and get my clicks sorted out for my practice shoot tomorrow.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic