Kiwi Airgunners Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Flub's General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Finished

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nunga Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Finished
    Posted: 13 Sep 2014 at 6:54pm
Well finally got the car transported back to pukekohe. Now i can relax and put some closure on the worlds.

Looks like i will be busy tomorrow looking into the head gasket and see whats up with the car. Then will start to work on the leapers scope. If i can get it going then all good if not the car is more important than shooting, So the next few days will tel me if i will be shooting in the nats or not.
sanandy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sanandy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2014 at 9:39pm
Originally posted by Nunga Nunga wrote:

Well finally got the car transported back to pukekohe. Now i can relax and put some closure on the worlds.

Looks like i will be busy tomorrow looking into the head gasket and see whats up with the car. Then will start to work on the leapers scope. If i can get it going then all good if not the car is more important than shooting, So the next few days will tel me if i will be shooting in the nats or not.

Hope you can get it all fixed up and not to much damage to the engine, would be a shame to miss the
nationals. Transport is more in-portent than missing s a few shoots. Lets hope its a easy and simple fix you dont need anymore bad luck. Big smileBig smile
Airarms Ev2 Mk4 .177
Airarms FAC S510 .22
Steyr 110 HP     .177
(pink)MIST View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote (pink)MIST Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2014 at 10:46pm
Price it all up first , if it's anywhere near what that mechanic said, it's almost more worthwhile starting fresh.
Fingers crossed mate , but as you and Andy have said, transport is more important than missing a couple shoots.

I've a couple ideas for the leapers, will catch up soon
NZAFTA President
1st place HP springer - 2014 WFTF Worlds
1st place HP springer - 2014 Nats

AA TX200 MK111, Optisan Viper 8-32x60 JSB. VMach, TbT, maestro design.
nunga View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nunga Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2014 at 12:05pm
Well. the wind blew over a tree on the back fence line so thought i would fix the fence so the horse dont get out But the chainsaw dont start and looks like a faulty on off switch. So that can wait. Fixed the fence as much i could and decided to mow the lawn. The mower clutch didnt engage the blades and it looks like it is jammed up.....  so after 30 minutes of fixing that the dam thing wont start now and the battery just died. oh look as i am typing this message there was just a bang sound coming from up on the roof wonder what surprises are waiting for me up on the roof. With a bit of luck i will get up there on the roof and fall off and brake my leg or something. Speaking of braking sh*t. When i went to take the trailer back this morning it got stuck over our bridge in the ditch took an hour and a half to winch it out and i put my back out in the process.

After all that crap i decided to do some work on my hooks as i have another order for one........... and what to you know....... the dam milling machine has a electrical problem and the motor wont start... what next... maybe if i stand outside i will be lucky enough to be hit by lightning and all this crap will be over!

The misses wants me to fix the water pump on the washing machine... yea right !!!! we all know what the outcome of this will be if i touch that...
sanandy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sanandy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2014 at 1:14pm
Originally posted by Nunga Nunga wrote:

Well. the wind blew over a tree on the back fence line so thought i would fix the fence so the horse dont get out But the chainsaw dont start and looks like a faulty on off switch. So that can wait. Fixed the fence as much i could and decided to mow the lawn. The mower clutch didnt engage the blades and it looks like it is jammed up.....  so after 30 minutes of fixing that the dam thing wont start now and the battery just died. oh look as i am typing this message there was just a bang sound coming from up on the roof wonder what surprises are waiting for me up on the roof. With a bit of luck i will get up there on the roof and fall off and brake my leg or something. Speaking of braking sh*t. When i went to take the trailer back this morning it got stuck over our bridge in the ditch took an hour and a half to winch it out and i put my back out in the process.

After all that crap i decided to do some work on my hooks as i have another order for one........... and what to you know....... the dam milling machine has a electrical problem and the motor wont start... what next... maybe if i stand outside i will be lucky enough to be hit by lightning and all this crap will be over!

The misses wants me to fix the water pump on the washing machine... yea right !!!! we all know what the outcome of this will be if i touch that...

Big smileBig smile I know what you should do. Go back to bed and stay there untill tomorrow as it may be a lucky day. Just in case you dont whatever you do, dont come this way and visit thats a hell of a lot of bad luck your carrying around. TongueTongue
Maybe if you do the lotto your luck will change to good, but i doudt it CryCry
Airarms Ev2 Mk4 .177
Airarms FAC S510 .22
Steyr 110 HP     .177
nunga View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nunga Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2014 at 12:38pm
Well a few days have passed now. I did manage to fix the washing machine yay 10 brownie points for me.

The bang on the roof turned out to be a small branch blowing onto the roof so all good there

I got a new switch for the chainsaw from Jcar and that cost me a hole 2 bucks so i will install that this weekend.

The mill has a faulty on/off speed control switch rang the supplier and they sending me a replacement one from Australia.

Got the side wheel cover off the leapers scope but havent had the time to do any more on that yet will look at that tonight.

I will get a new battery for the mower on the weekend as well.

Havent had the time to look at the head gasket yet but i am thinking to put this silver paste stuff into the radiator that bonds its self to the head gasket. Glenn told me about it as he used it on his car to fix his head gasket and said it worked a treat.
Pauly5 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pauly5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2014 at 11:13pm
you have it all sorted by the sounds of things. treacherously close to multi tasking, which of course females think we cant do.
nunga View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nunga Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2014 at 12:07pm
Well looks like the car is fixed. :) I hope.

The ride on mower still not working even tho i got new battery. looks like a wiring fault so i better start looking online for some info on that model.
nunga View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nunga Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2014 at 9:18am
Well the car overheated so i think there is still some work to do there. I will look at the thermostat later but need to get the mower going today (bosses orders).

I will get some brake pads and a battery for the Toyota  and get that up and running for some temporary transport. I know this one is a good runner and will do for now so i will do that this morning and get mower going this arvo weather permitting
nunga View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nunga Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2014 at 3:55pm
Got the toyota on the road now. the back brake pads were ok just had some crap in there which was grinding which made them sound like they needed replacing.  So just a new battery for that and it is sweet now.

Got the mower going. found a wiring diagram for it online and had the problem fixed within 10 minutes so the lawn is nice and cut as well so all in all a good day apart from the rain.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic