Kiwi Airgunners Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Target Shooting and Clubs > Target Shooting
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

BSA Meteor 0.22

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shaqa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: BSA Meteor 0.22
    Posted: 10 Jul 2014 at 7:21am
Would this rifle be suitable for target field shooting? Im thinking of getting a 12x or even a 16x scope as well.
Pauly5 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pauly5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2014 at 9:11am
Shaka, there's a BSA owners forum that will have info on your gun about how to service it. There's a kiwi guy on there too. I would recommend making sure the gun is performing consistently. This is vital as if the power varies with each shot you won't be hitting where you are aiming and so it won't matter what scope you have. Next try pellets until you get one that the gun puts in pretty much the same spot each time both near and far.
Shaqa View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shaqa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2014 at 9:22am
Do you think a air arms prosport or a tx200 would be better?
Pauly5 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pauly5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2014 at 11:24am
I reckon Pink Mist has put you up to ask me that.

Yes definitely. I haven't owned one and would like to one day. That's top of the range and you won't go wrong there. Don't forget the Weirauch 97k either. Some will say the Ford and Holden of springers. I have fired a walther LGV too and they are pretty nice. 

nunga View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nunga Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2014 at 11:47am
TX all the way! :)
(pink)MIST View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote (pink)MIST Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2014 at 10:14pm
:)
NZAFTA President
1st place HP springer - 2014 WFTF Worlds
1st place HP springer - 2014 Nats

AA TX200 MK111, Optisan Viper 8-32x60 JSB. VMach, TbT, maestro design.
Shaqa View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shaqa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2014 at 7:33am
So if the tx and prosport are the ford and holden of springer then what springers would be like the Ferrari and Lamborghini? I think if I get one I really want a good one
Pauly5 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pauly5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2014 at 7:59am
Ok let's say the Ford and Holden are the top of the range
Justs like sthil and Husqvarna when it comes to chaInsaw brands. There's a kind of friendly rivalry between owners.
Pauly5 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pauly5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2014 at 7:52pm
I would look at the 97k. If you haven't had much exposure to air rifles you want a gun that will serve you well, mine has so That's my recommendation.
Shaqa View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shaqa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2014 at 8:29pm
Thanks Paul.
the 97k sounds like a really good air rifle. Are there any target field competitions coming up where I can see this rifle and some of the other ones. Do many shooters use the BSA meteor in those competitions as well?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic