Kiwi Airgunners Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Introductions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Hello everyone

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pauly5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2014 at 5:26pm
I'm certainly not an expert on everything but if you are keen on Field target you should try and hook up with one of the clubs and you will get to see what you like and even try other guns.
There's a club in W(h)anganui and one in Wellington. Wgtn range is on hold at the moment and there's a world champ competition taking place in September in Wellington, so plenty of opportunity to see some good gear and skills.
Do plenty of reading about rifles and maybe consider getting your FAL.

There are spring powered and pcp (pre charged pneumatic - air tank) to choose from.
Names such as Weirauch, Air arms, Styer, Walther, Daystate, FX and more. Check out Magair, Youngs air gun and others but that should keep you glued to the screen for a while.

Enjoy.
(pink)MIST View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote (pink)MIST Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2014 at 5:39pm
Good to see the masses are awake and switched on huh :)

Don't try and up sell him pauly, the BSA is probably so underpowered it'd be fine for 12ft/lb, you're just worried that he'd beat you with a 4x32 scope lol
NZAFTA President
1st place HP springer - 2014 WFTF Worlds
1st place HP springer - 2014 Nats

AA TX200 MK111, Optisan Viper 8-32x60 JSB. VMach, TbT, maestro design.
Shaqa View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shaqa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2014 at 6:08pm
Do you think a 4x32 scope is ok for target field shooting? I was thinking about getting a powerful scope something like a 12x or 16x
Pauly5 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pauly5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2014 at 6:08pm
I can tell he has the skill to use a 12ft pound and not need excess power to hide behind. Tongue
Pauly5 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pauly5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2014 at 6:18pm
Originally posted by Shaqa Shaqa wrote:

Do you think a 4x32 scope is ok for target field shooting? I was thinking about getting a powerful scope something like a 12x or 16x

I think that if you can knock over targets whatever you are using, it means it works. The higher powered scopes, 24x, 32x, 40x plus are used because they have a focus knob that is used for range finding to know how far away the target is.
I describe field target it as sniper golf.

Here's one of many vids http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I3estbduvy8
Shaqa View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shaqa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2014 at 6:21pm
Why do you need to find the range? I thought all targets are 25 meters
Pauly5 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pauly5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2014 at 6:58pm
The targets are set from 8 to 50 metre or yards, some elevated.
Shaqa View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shaqa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2014 at 7:09pm
Heck I don't even think my BSA would make it out to 50 meters
Pauly5 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pauly5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2014 at 9:28pm
Originally posted by Nunga Nunga wrote:

Hello and welcome :), Start a topic in the Technical thread about your BSA problems and im sure we will figure it out for you! :) but sounds like your spring or seal may need replacing :)

You should be able to hit 50 m with it. maybe explore Nungas suggestion, there's a lot of knowledge held by the guys on the forum.
nunga View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nunga Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2014 at 9:15am
I wouldnt worry about big scopes and stuff. What you really need is a big floppy hat with a ton of badges on it. Get one of those and you cant go wrong!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic