Kiwi Airgunners Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical > Pauly's Technical Area
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Custom Butt Hook

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>
Author
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nunga Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2014 at 9:20pm

Thats what it looks like together. I will be putting a longer bar for it to rest on this will give you more room to adjust.
(pink)MIST View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote (pink)MIST Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2014 at 9:36pm
Very nice, I'm in
NZAFTA President
1st place HP springer - 2014 WFTF Worlds
1st place HP springer - 2014 Nats

AA TX200 MK111, Optisan Viper 8-32x60 JSB. VMach, TbT, maestro design.
nunga View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nunga Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2014 at 2:06pm
This is it installed. Will test it tomorrow weather permitting

nunga View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nunga Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2014 at 9:03pm
Forgot to tell you all how it tested. It went very well and fitted nicely against the shoulder. the gun  was nice and balanced. Just need to finish the jaws off with some rubber rings and it is done.

Pauly5 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pauly5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2014 at 9:29pm
Nice work. Very satisfying.
nunga View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nunga Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2014 at 9:44am
oh yea i also forgot to say my finished item will have 316 stainless steel hook and main bar, which i ordered some lengths of 10mm and 12mm on Monday and hopefully they will get here today.

So i should be able to complete the orders i have on these by next weekend.
nunga View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nunga Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2014 at 11:45pm
Well finally made the base plate to how i like it. I have also replaced the alloy bar with 315 stainless steel this is much harder and does not mark like the alloy did when you tightened up the screws.

This new design is HEAPS better.

As you can see there is a lot more adjustment now and i have also re-done the top jaw with rubber inserts to stop it slipping. I will do the center plug tomorrow and have that looking good as well.

I was selling these for $170 each. but this new design has a lot more parts and machining involved so i will be selling these for $220 each. People that have per-ordered from me will still get these at $170 but any new orders will be at the new price.

Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote (pink)MIST Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2014 at 10:44am
That's looking quite nice now, and the price is still well under all the others, this will definitely level the playing field by allowing a more affordable, highly adjustable hook.
Spread the word :)
NZAFTA President

Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote (pink)MIST Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2014 at 6:07pm
Did a handy little mod to my one, changed the Allen key for the up / down for a fitting that can be done by fingers :)

Also (not in pic) have put marks for sit/kneel/stand, saving time on setup for each position :)

Edited by (pink)MIST - 19 Sep 2014 at 6:09pm
NZAFTA President

Pauly5 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pauly5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2015 at 11:22am
Can the hook be taken off for fitting the rifle into a case by loosening off the adjustment knob?
you still doing these Nunga?

Edited by Pauly5 - 20 Jun 2015 at 11:23am
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>
  Share Topic