Kiwi Airgunners Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical > Pauly's Technical Area
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Hatsan mods

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nunga Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2014 at 7:52pm
Just picked up my new .25 barrel today.  tomorrow i will be getting everything ready to replace the standard .177 barrel. I will also pump up the pressure in the ram to get the power up so this will be  my possum buster. I hope to get up and around 30fpe by the end of the week.

Watch this space!
2nd place HP springer - WFTF World Championships 2014

(pink)MIST View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote (pink)MIST Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2014 at 11:16pm
Omg this forum has life again!! :)

30fpe in .25 cal should make a dent in a possum , they're gonna need Kevlar to stand a chance lol
NZAFTA President
1st place HP springer - 2014 WFTF Worlds
1st place HP springer - 2014 Nats

AA TX200 MK111, Optisan Viper 8-32x60 JSB. VMach, TbT, maestro design.
nunga View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nunga Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2014 at 10:47pm
Started on the barrel tonight. Stripped the gun down and took the barrel off ready to pull apart.

Next i took the muzzle brake off because it kept spinning on the barrel. I put the back end in the vise and got the vice grips on the muzzle end and un-screwed the barrel.

Next i measured everything up and started machine the new barrel to fit. one thing i noticed is the quality of the Hatsan workmanship is average at best and they have a lot of clearance on their parts and have put a lot of sh*t in to full up the gaps. I will make my new barrel to better standards and will be a better fit when done.

Finished the machining and cut the thread and it fits very nice now.

This is the finished product.

That will do for now as the walking dead is on and i need to watch that :)

Tomorrow i will work on the Ram and crank the pressure up a bit.

nunga View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nunga Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2014 at 7:24pm
Before i start mucking around with the ram im going to put it all back together and see what it is putting out. I made the barrel  longer than i needed it. I am in two minds if i will keep the barrel choke on this or cut it off. I am after full power and im unsure how much the choke will slow down the pellet as it leaves the barrel. And since this gun will be only for shooting up in trees out to 30 yards max im not sure if i will even need the choke. Got to do some more research on that one first i think.

Pauly5 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pauly5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2014 at 11:02pm
Yea good to see some life in the forum so Nunga can take some life outta possums.

Good stuff, I like reading this stuff.
nunga View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nunga Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2014 at 9:20am
I put the gun through the chrony this morning before i left for work. It is not so bad. It did pretty good. I got H&N 19.6 pellets flying out @ 670 FPS thats around 20pfe. I will put 400psi extra into the ram to take it up to 1900psi and see how that goes. It will be a fine balance to get the power just right.

nunga View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nunga Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2014 at 9:46am
I have decided to full up the gas ram myself. I normally send them away to Auckland and they send them back at the pressure that i have asked for. But this can take a week or so to do and at $80.00 a pop it gets a little on the expensive side.

So i am going to build myself a pump and a adapter to fill the rams.

(pink)MIST View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote (pink)MIST Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2014 at 10:10am
More kiwi ingenuity at its finest, pics of course right? :)
NZAFTA President
1st place HP springer - 2014 WFTF Worlds
1st place HP springer - 2014 Nats

AA TX200 MK111, Optisan Viper 8-32x60 JSB. VMach, TbT, maestro design.
nunga View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nunga Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2014 at 3:32pm
I started work on the full adapter for the ram this morning.

I decided to use alloy as i have lots of this to choose from. I am making it big.

First machine and drill the guide hole.

Next machine out so the shaft can fit through.

Next machine out for the main body to fit and machine o ring groves to seal the main body and shaft.

Next fit o rings and check compression to see if it will seal with the high air pressure im going to be pumping in.

Next fit the gas ram to see if all is good.

This is as far as i have got so far.

Stage one finished.

I will mill a flat peace into the top of the round adapter and drill the fill hole but i cant do that till tonight. so i will post some more later.

Adam View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2014 at 2:33am
Ian we should chat about your trigger group mods. What you have described is "one way" of modding it, but IMHO is not "the best way".

Have done a couple of the 125's before, and lots of the 55's, 60's, etc.

If you have the equipment I'd recommend looking at replacing all plastic levers with steel, and possibly replacing the existing sears with better material instead of the cast muck metal used.

Instead of altering the long lever, try changing the angle of the sears at point of contact. Makes a huge difference. Make a brass replacement trigger blade and add in two adjustment screws for a true 2 stage.

You can the end up with a trigger group that is a joy to use rather than a gritty jerky stiff POS. We should chat at length before you get too far into it.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic