Kiwi Airgunners Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Flub's General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Always request pellet packaging!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RangerPete Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Always request pellet packaging!
    Posted: 01 Jul 2024 at 10:41am
I’ve just bought 5 tins of pellets from an established and well known gun shop.
The used a courier company to get the 5 tins to me.
When they arrived they were loosely packed in plastic bag, which had then been placed into the courier bag… 🤔
When I opened the plastic bags all 5 of the tins had some sort of damage, knocks or dents in them, so of course many pellets in the tins had been smashed too 😡

You would think that a reputable gun shop would know better then to transport tins of pellets in a loose plastic bag… really???
A $200 order and they couldn’t find a used cardboard box and a few scrunched up newspaper pages???

I took some photos and sent them an email, requesting that next time I buy pellets from them they package them properly for transport.
They apologized and said the next ones would be packaged properly, and they offered to include a free tin of pellets with the next order to replace the damaged ones.

I’m happy to accept their apology and with their solution to compensate for the damaged pellets, but really it shouldn’t have happened in the first place, so I’m posting this here to remind everyone that if u buy pellets and get them delivered, remember to ask the supplier to package them carefully for transport! Don't just assume that because they are a big well know shop they’ll know how to ship them correctly 🤔
Walk quietly, but carry a big stick.
kruzaroad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kruzaroad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2024 at 4:30am
Name names.
Bad service is bad service.
RangerPete View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RangerPete Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2024 at 4:00pm
I wont name and shame, they have repented and made good.
But if it happens again, you can be sure I'll let y'all know.

What I can do is name and commend...
I ordered some slugs from Brian at Spyda.
NEXT DAY they were delivered to me in Cambridge, and yes, they were packaged in bubble wrap, and then taped up tight so they weren't loose and banging around.
Credit where credit is due, thanks Brian
RangerPete View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RangerPete Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2024 at 4:01pm
Pauly5 View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pauly5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2024 at 5:31pm
Yea, Brian is great. Very nice guy too.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic