Kiwi Airgunners Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Target Shooting and Clubs > Target Shooting
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

2nd NZAFTA qualifier 2014

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote (pink)MIST Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2014 at 12:35pm
Maybe check all the sears have smoothed edges first, felt a little heavy, but I'm used to the TX. If adjusting it, do very small adjustments, and note them down. If you go too far it's easier to find your way back then :)
Your rifle shot quite smoothly and I think with a bit of fine tuning could be quite a nice one to shoot. I love to tinker as well, but after a few years of it the rifle was holding me back so had to make the move up to a tx, which inevitably I think you may end up doing at some time as well :)
Scope wheel will be a massive help first though. You've seen a couple easy ways to make one now so I'd imagine next time I'll see you using one?
NZAFTA President
1st place HP springer - 2014 WFTF Worlds
1st place HP springer - 2014 Nats

AA TX200 MK111, Optisan Viper 8-32x60 JSB. VMach, TbT, maestro design.
nunga View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nunga Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2014 at 12:48pm
Originally posted by (pink)MIST (pink)MIST wrote:

Maybe check all the sears have smoothed edges first, felt a little heavy, but I'm used to the TX. If adjusting it, do very small adjustments, and note them down. If you go too far it's easier to find your way back then :)
Your rifle shot quite smoothly and I think with a bit of fine tuning could be quite a nice one to shoot. I love to tinker as well, but after a few years of it the rifle was holding me back so had to make the move up to a tx, which inevitably I think you may end up doing at some time as well :)
Scope wheel will be a massive help first though. You've seen a couple easy ways to make one now so I'd imagine next time I'll see you using one?

Yea i have a few ideas on building one now, But im not going for a white plastic  one, it will be black to match the scope. Might machine something up with a block of alloy and paint it.

Im going to have another look at the trigger tonight and see if i can improve on it and try out those new pellets i got of Alex.
nunga View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nunga Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2014 at 6:38pm
some more pictures from the weekend

(pink)MIST View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote (pink)MIST Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2014 at 12:04am
some more

NZAFTA President

scoped rifle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scoped rifle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2014 at 3:07pm
Great photos and a great days shooting. Cheers
(pink)MIST View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote (pink)MIST Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2014 at 9:52pm
It was a good day indeed. Sorry I didn't catch up much with you, but you weren't far behind me chasing my points .
You going to the Waikato shoot or are you going to chase sillouhettes at Tokoroa?
NZAFTA President

scoped rifle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scoped rifle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2014 at 8:41pm
Changed my plans a couple of days prior to the weekend because of the forecast storm. Ended up working on Saturday instead.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic