Kiwi Airgunners Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Target Shooting and Clubs > Target Shooting
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

2nd NZAFTA qualifier 2014

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote (pink)MIST Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 2nd NZAFTA qualifier 2014
    Posted: 23 Feb 2014 at 11:33pm
The 2nd NZAFTA qualifying round is less than a week away, being hosted by MCASA (wanganui)
Details are:

Sunday 2nd 10am commence, 2 x 25 shots course.

2x Reducers @15mm down to 8m will be included. (WFTF format only, not HP)

Entry $20 Sight in from 8.30am

Help packing up afterwards appreciated, but if you have to travel a long way home we understand.

Timers will be on all lanes, usual 1 min per target plus one min set time per lane. (ie:3 targets = 4 mins per lane)

This event goes on no matter what the weather, as we all need as much shooting time under our belts as possible..........

Red flag on the corner of SH4 and Parihauhau rd intersection (20km from Wanganui), and then 1 km up Parihauhau rd to the first house/driveway, drive slowly down the steep drive, hook left and follow the gates to the last paddock closing gates behind you (if closed).

We will have some food and drinks there, if you have specific dietary needs please arrange for your own welfare.

Mobile coverage is poor to non existent there, but any enquiries in the lead up to this shoot you can contact Adam on 021 02657335 for details or directions. 

Its not going to be awfully difficult, but just for interest's sake any and all who clears the course will make their entry fee back. (fairly safe bet that they'll will keep it)

Looking forward to seeing you, come get some more quality time on the firing line.
NZAFTA President
1st place HP springer - 2014 WFTF Worlds
1st place HP springer - 2014 Nats

AA TX200 MK111, Optisan Viper 8-32x60 JSB. VMach, TbT, maestro design.
nunga View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nunga Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2014 at 4:02pm
Im thinking of going. Is there any Motel/Hotels down there? Will be heading down Saturday if we do decide to go
(pink)MIST View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote (pink)MIST Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2014 at 11:06pm
There's plenty of accommodation places down there. Search motels wanganui, let your google do the work for you :)
NZAFTA President

Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote (pink)MIST Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2014 at 11:53pm
after some contemplating over whether to take the 440th or the TX (the TX won) I have done the pre shoot routine, checking all stock and scope screws, lens clean, pellet tray filled, etc etc
All ready for an early (5am) departure to Wanganui
Nunga, I'll see you there mate, hopefully the night before isnt too rough on me :)

Weather is meant to be overcast, and with a high of 19, which would suit me perfectly, but the weather gods said the same for the wellington shoot, and that turned out to be 33deg, and not a cloud to be seen. 
plenty of shade to keep cool in wanganui though, bonus :)

good luck to all attending
Brett
NZAFTA President

nunga View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nunga Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2014 at 10:45am
Yea mate, we are all set. Installing the new trigger tonight and then re-zero the scope again. I think i will be leaving the .22 at home but will make my mind up tonight :)
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote (pink)MIST Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2014 at 10:11pm
The shoot went very well with absolutely perfect FT weather conditions. Warm not too hot or cold, sunny, and just enough wind and not too much. You don't need a lot of wind on the course to turn what looked simple and straightforward into a real battle of wits between you, the elements and the targets. The cleared edges of the gorge surrounding all sides of the course allowed very tricky wind in places to creep in at times confounding everyone. Some dark corners under the trees made shots a bit more challenging, and I saw a lot of head scratching going on at different times. Everyone enjoyed themselves, even the relative newcomers to FT, and some who had not shot it for a while.

The timers also caused a bit of added pressure, and a couple forgot about the kneeling lane, so there are some scores that do not reflect the good shooting that went on today. It was after all about testing yourself against the course, not against each other ultimately. Everyone came away with something they had learned they had to work on.

Attendees came from Taranaki club, Ngaio club, Mid Central club, Madas and Piako clubs.

Great to see Neil Shelley make an appearance so soon after his hip operation, and while giving it a good go standing for the first half of the course, the effort and pain obviously signalled to him it was time to stop. A good call, but just as good to see you turn out Neil.

My thanks to everyone who helped build the course, and also thanks for the awesome help pulling it down after guys. We did not run too long, and the timers not only kept us honest on the firing line, it kept the match ticking along at a good pace. Lanes set out with 3 targets per lane instead of two also speeds things up considerably. We started just after 10am, had a 45 min lunch break and were done before 3pm, and then broke the course down quite quickly. Just as well as many had some distance to cover in getting home again.

Scores as follows:

Open PCP

Hamish McClurg  1st   40
Chris Jackson      2nd  24

Open Springer

Brett Nixon         1st    34
Steve Smith        2nd   28
Speedy Van Zyl   3rd   19
Ian Ritchie           4th   11
Olaf Jurgens        5th    8

Int. Springer

Dave Johnstone   1st   34

Int.PCP

Adam Welsh       1st   42
Alex Magon         2nd  38 (after shootoff)
Dave Lum            3rd   38
Andrew Jurgens   4th   34
Jeff Hietbrink        5th  31
Mike Newell        6th   28
Neil Shelley DNF        11 (half course standing)

I have taken some photos taken, will try and sort them through and upload as soon as possible.
NZAFTA President

Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote (pink)MIST Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2014 at 10:48pm

NZAFTA President

Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote (pink)MIST Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2014 at 10:55pm

NZAFTA President

nunga View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nunga Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2014 at 11:19am
It was a good days shooting. I will add some photos later on today as well.
nunga View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nunga Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2014 at 12:07pm
Hay Brett, I didnt ask you this yesterday but what did you think of the trigger when you shot my gun? It doesnt feel the same as my other crossman which has the same trigger. This one feels rough with a bit more effort to fire the gun and there is not really any second stage at all. I was thinking of playing around with the adjustments. your thoughts?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic