Kiwi Airgunners Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical > Pauly's Technical Area
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

New wood

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 7>
Author
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote (pink)MIST Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2015 at 9:00pm
no updates, lol, itll take forever sanding it with only my left hand...... 

NZAFTA President
1st place HP springer - 2014 WFTF Worlds
1st place HP springer - 2014 Nats

AA TX200 MK111, Optisan Viper 8-32x60 JSB. VMach, TbT, maestro design.
Pauly5 View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pauly5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2015 at 10:40pm
I have fired a few shots now and bedding is definitely a good move. that snug fit really transfers the energy, and means you have even points of contact.

I know shoulder injuries take ages to heal, can you cock and fire your gun, or does that aggravate it?
Davey View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Davey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2015 at 2:19pm
Paul, If you feeling like showing/helping me to bed in my team laminate stock for the FWB at some point in the future I'd be grateful :)
nunga View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nunga Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2015 at 3:59pm
You could use a strip of sandpaper and double sided tape it onto the underside of the gun then rub back and forward in the stock till it is a nice snug fit.
2nd place HP springer - WFTF World Championships 2014

Pauly5 View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pauly5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2015 at 7:53pm
Originally posted by Davey Davey wrote:

Paul, If you feeling like showing/helping me tin bed in my team laminate stock for the FWB at some point in the future I'd be grateful :)

Of course, glad to help. I had used normal Builders bog, but i'm looking at better materials. Brett talked about steel filler and there's a kiwi guy that sells kits for about $40. Otherwise it's pretty straight forward to do.
(pink)MIST View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote (pink)MIST Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2015 at 12:30pm
Adjustable parts seperated from main body of stock now, ready for fittings to be attatched. Gotta love having a cabinet shop at your disposal :)
I'll add a couple pics tonight
NZAFTA President

Pauly5 View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pauly5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2015 at 8:08pm
Is that rehab?
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote (pink)MIST Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2015 at 8:20pm
No
That's job delegation :)

Rehab is the next set of pics
NZAFTA President

Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote (pink)MIST Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2015 at 9:54pm
update time. Today the lump of wood had a trip to work and visited our cabinetshop. I'd marked the cuts already for the cheekrest and the hamster/knee riser, so they got seperated from the main body, ready to become adjustable :)

Now on this site, and known affectionately to many as "nunga" is a clever wee fella that can turn someones sketchy drawings into reality.
I sent through a pretty average "plan" of what I wanted, and look what turned up :)

Next step is to cut away under the cheekrest to sit this in, and drill a 15mm hole for the travelling post, and a 25mm hole for the locking guide.

Edited by (pink)MIST - 10 Apr 2015 at 9:59pm
NZAFTA President

Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote (pink)MIST Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2015 at 10:44pm
under the cheekrest all marked, using a dremel with a milling bit

After a little while its looking like itll work

A little more grinding out the hole, and a test fit.

Im leaving the front part of the alloy block proud out the front, and will recess a hole for it to sit into on the stock body.

Time to have a quick look at the main body also, smaller hole (15mm), bigger hole 25mm

Edited by (pink)MIST - 10 Apr 2015 at 10:45pm
NZAFTA President

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 7>
  Share Topic