Kiwi Airgunners Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > collectors corner
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Crosman 38T set

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J-S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Crosman 38T set
    Posted: 24 Sep 2024 at 12:00pm
Thanks for adding a collectors section Nunga , no doubt there are some interesting items in collections out there!

This one’s a common co2 gun, the Crosman 38T but uniquely still has all the bits it came with when it was sold in a store in Canada; including the pellets, targets, co2 packet minus 1 canister, and the original receipts from 1983!
The gun itself is in great condition, with its “rifled barrel” sticker still in place.

I managed to source a new old stock Crosman holster for it and more recently a Crosman Canada brochure from the same year.

J S Airguns
Air Arms TX200('s)
Theoben Sirocco
HW77
FWB 300s
Webley Patriot
One or two others...

Current projects:
Too many..
RangerPete View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RangerPete Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2024 at 7:39pm
I'm not personally a fan of co2, but that is a lovely set and in excellent condition for 40 years old.
Love the little packet of "darts"..... although for the life of me I cant work out what you would use them for, other than annoying your siblings
Walk quietly, but carry a big stick.
J-S View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J-S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2024 at 8:09pm
Originally posted by RangerPete RangerPete wrote:

I'm not personally a fan of co2, but that is a lovely set and in excellent condition for 40 years old.
Love the little packet of "darts"..... although for the life of me I cant work out what you would use them for, other than annoying your siblings

Cheers, the Crosman 38 is a nicely made revolver, and were originally (I believe) designed as training aids for police.
I’ve mainly kept it around as it’s my birth year and I like a set with all the bits..
the darts must have just been a leftover from another pistol - the rotary magazine is not removable so you wouldn’t be able to load them..

Darts are ok for the likes of the old low power smooth bore pistols and rifles. I have some old .25cal darts as well!
J S Airguns
Air Arms TX200('s)
Theoben Sirocco
HW77
FWB 300s
Webley Patriot
One or two others...

Current projects:
Too many..
kruzaroad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kruzaroad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2024 at 8:25pm
That is a way cool set up.
How long to get it together.
Are you adding, is there anything to add to it?
Whats it shoot like?
Its a great step into the past too.
J-S View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J-S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2024 at 10:11am
Originally posted by kruzaroad kruzaroad wrote:

That is a way cool set up.
How long to get it together.
Are you adding, is there anything to add to it?
Whats it shoot like?
Its a great step into the past too.

Cheers, I got this from a contact who picked it up at an auction and it had all the bits with it - someone must have bought in canada and just kept it all together.
I added in the holster which I found in a canadian online store as new old stock as well as a Canadian brochure from the same year.
The only thing left would be to find some canadian marked pellets of the same era (if they are a thing)
J S Airguns
Air Arms TX200('s)
Theoben Sirocco
HW77
FWB 300s
Webley Patriot
One or two others...

Current projects:
Too many..
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic