Kiwi Airgunners Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Introductions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Waihi Weirauch Fan (Diana fan soon, with luck)

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JasonEdward Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Waihi Weirauch Fan (Diana fan soon, with luck)
    Posted: 7 hours 14 minutes ago at 8:46am
It's high time I joined you lot - I've enjoyed air rifles most of my life since the old man bought my brother and I a Meteor and it's great to be able to plink (Crossman Revolver or BSA meteor) or more seriously target shoot in my back yard (elderly HW80K - bonus: I have both .22 and .177 barrels but I've never fitted the .177) Also a Diana 52 I just acquired. Hawk scopes.

And the odd Magpie and Myna cull as they get nasty and knock the sh*t out of nicer and native birds.
I love the Weirauch for it's accuracy if not it's weight. The Diana a bit the same and was a recent auction buy unseen or tested - I got lucky as Ron Young reckons there's nothing wrong with it except a (typically I'm told) bent side lever linkage I'll pull off and straighten. 

I will admit I could not get the HW to shoot straight and was not happy with it at all until I had a go at the artillery hold and was amazed how the groups immediately tightened up. I love that old rifle and look forward to spending similar time mastering the Diana. I have a used Hawk to fit to the Diana.

Also have a couple of .22LRs, a 12 gauge and old LE .303 but they get little use but occasionally I bang a few bunnies for the pot.  I'd love to chase quail and roosters but need a dog. I just need to get off my arse and knock on some local farmers doors and find some bunny country to shoot. If I did I would consider going the PCP route and sell the .22 LRs to fund it.  

I'm 62 years old, keep moderately fit but fat so need to do more walking with rifle in hand.
Anyway, excuse the rant and I look forward to learning lots from you lot. 
Are any of you close to me here in Waihi? Must be some in Tauranga???
Maybe we could catch up and talk air, even better if we can throw some lead around?

Also interested in renovating the old Weirauch - Ron serviced it and reckons it's all good but it certainly could use a tidy up and re-bluing.

Cheers
Mark AKA JE
HW80K (.177 & .22 barrels)
Diana 52
BSA Meteor
Crosman 357
Gamo P900
nunga View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nunga Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 5 hours 11 minutes ago at 10:49am
Welcome along. Good to have you with us. The farmers wont mind you keeping their pests under control.
2nd place HP springer - WFTF World Championships 2014

kruzaroad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kruzaroad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 2 hours 36 minutes ago at 1:24pm
Great to have you on board.
Sounds like your well into be air power. My first gun all those years ago was a the same.
Was a great rifle.
You've gone the right way too, so much easier having a weapon that doesn't have a huge range of dangour, requires a reasonable closeness to target, takes a skill to shoot (as you've learnt with artillery hold) has all the joy of and skill of taking a longer range shot of a powder burner but over a smaller area.
Nothing like an air gun for fun, food, pest control and just keeping your shooting in tune.
See you on the forum.

Edited by kruzaroad - 2 hours 35 minutes ago at 1:25pm
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic