Kiwi Airgunners Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Hunting > Bow hunting
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Getting back into it

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kruzaroad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Getting back into it
    Posted: 07 Aug 2024 at 3:09pm

Edited by kruzaroad - 07 Aug 2024 at 3:14pm
kruzaroad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kruzaroad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2024 at 3:10pm
Originally posted by kruzaroad kruzaroad wrote:

So here's my step back into using a bow again.
Ningbo topoint outdoor sports Co.,ltd
R3, 60lb draw recurve.
350 bucks.
Quality is nothing to write home about. Kit is way more extensive than I thought. Long way away from the one piece fiberglass bow I used years ago, with no accessories at all.
Still I make no issues that my bow shooting will sux, and pretty much anything I learned back then is lost to an aging memory. But I finally have one again.
So thanks bb and Pete, between wallibies, fish, deer targets with arrows stacked in it, you finally got me off my arse and years of procrastination about getting a bow again.
For now though it's back in its box with its 12 practice arrows as I'm off on distance shooting buzz for now.
But will write a review
In the coming months.
Still have the blackline and scope to do a review of first.
But I have it.. Stoked
kruzaroad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kruzaroad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2024 at 3:27pm
Once me ego is up on me bow shooting, I'll do a comp for that too. That one expressly so I can have me ego smacked back into place by ppl who really know how how to use a bow. 😁😁😁
RangerPete View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RangerPete Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2024 at 9:42pm
Looks good, I’m sure your going to have lots of fun with it, if you don’t skin your forearm πŸ˜‚
Walk quietly, but carry a big stick.
kruzaroad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kruzaroad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2024 at 10:10pm
It came with forearm protector. But I have no dought I will at sometime.
Billbobnz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Billbobnz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2024 at 7:58pm
Hahah this is brilliant

You watched that "the push" film too didn't you? I am meeting up with a freight who just got the compound and I might take my recurve out for a play tomorrow
kruzaroad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kruzaroad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2024 at 8:40pm
Nope didn't watch that film. This is all on yours and petes head.
Really part of what site should do. Encourage ppl to give it a go. You never know where that will come from,whos going to put up what that just resonates with a person.
Billbobnz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Billbobnz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2024 at 8:47pm
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=1E1vKkSSoNs

Here you go
kruzaroad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kruzaroad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2024 at 9:09am
Good grief!
Spent last couple of days looking at archery videos. Figured it would be a good idea as when was younger doing it, we had bows we shot them. Wasn't really anything technical.
So you can well imagine my shock when started looking into it.
So got a couple of questions.
1: am I better off learning how to use a bare bow. The sight looks fancy and stuff but is it practical for hunting? It would seem to me from what I've seen on utube that the quickest shooters don't use sights. Those that are good without sights seem hell accurate anyway. Are sights worth it, if target shooting isn't my end goal.
2: what lb pull would be good for small game, rabbits etc. I'm under the impression that lighter bows are easier to shoot and a 60lb bow is probly overkill for blunt tip pest control.
Would this be correct and if so what would be a better lb draw?
3:should I be watching these Olympic shooters videos on bows. They have great tips and advice on maintaining, bow set up, shooting stance etc but are they the best for hunting technic.
Any advise appresiated
Billbobnz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Billbobnz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2024 at 10:41am
If your going trad best to start with a lower poundage bow. I know a guy who shot his first deer many years ago with a 17lb bow. Also a low poundage bow will allow you to learn how to shoot it correctly.

To add to the list of videos watch the below.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=nr3F96kqv9k
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic