Kiwi Airgunners Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical > Pauly's Technical Area
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

TX200 High Power

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nunga Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2024 at 10:28am
Not sure how to link my channel page but this is a link to one of my videos you can click on my channel from there

2nd place HP springer - WFTF World Championships 2014

kruzaroad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kruzaroad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2024 at 12:22pm
110 with a springer! All good. How much did that camera throw the hatsan of center. Very inventive.
Looks like I've got new challange at some stage, beer can at 115m.
Umm was that rested or free standing?
Suscribed and notifications on. ๐Ÿ‘

Edited by kruzaroad - 02 Aug 2024 at 12:27pm
nunga View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nunga Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2024 at 12:37pm
that was me resting my elbow on a fence post standing. so kind of rested and free standing lol

I just completed my first test @ 100 meters. managed to get two shots through the crony to register. it is hitting the target @ 500fps (497.6) with 8.4gr pellets

kruzaroad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kruzaroad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2024 at 1:16pm
Sweet what's the muzzle volicity?
Dam that makes it a harder than sitting on a bag. Oh well be at 117m (that's where post is)
If you want to push it out further today with the tx200 I'd be keen on the challange. (assuming I can hit a can at 117m)
nunga View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nunga Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2024 at 2:33pm
That video was taken over 10 years ago. We are at a different address now.  100 meters is about all i can safely shoot at without annoying the neighbors. But i shall range find some different angles and see if i can shoot from up the hill over the roof of my house into a tree or something lol.

kruzaroad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kruzaroad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2024 at 3:14pm
Where there's a will there's a way๐Ÿ˜Š
RangerPete View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RangerPete Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2024 at 1:37pm
Nunga, your pellets are hitting at 100m with 4.64FPE.

Thats very good, more than the ballistic calculator I use says it should have ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป
In my experience that is enough to cleanly kill a rabbit, if you can hit it in the heart, lungs or brain ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป
Personally I have found my limit with my air rifles and the 11.2 power scope I use, my limit is in the 90ish yards, I wonโ€™t take a shot past 100y.
My .177, which also shoots 8,4gr JSB but at a mussel velocity of 813fps, is down to around 3.6FPE at 100y, which I feel is the absolute minimum required for a clean kill on a rabbit, so my equipment and my self have both reached our limits at 100y.

Of course with a higher mag scope and more powerful rifles, or PBโ€™s itโ€™s a different story, but with my little .177, Iโ€™m happy with my self imposed hunting range of under 100y

Your TX has a muzzle energy of 13.8FPE, and if you still retaining 4.6FPE at 100m, you should still enough energy for a clean kill out toโ€ฆ? 120ish m???
Just my thoughts ๐Ÿ˜‰
Walk quietly, but carry a big stick.
nunga View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nunga Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2024 at 3:12pm
I got the TX mainly for field target shooting not really for hunting. I have my crosman .22 for that. The TX is very heavy so its not my first choice for lugging it around paddocks all day lol but yeah 120ish might be the limit for a clean kill

nunga View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nunga Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2024 at 4:38pm
So since i have registered myself in the high power class this years Nationals I thought i would put a few rounds through the old TX with the high power spring in, get the zero sorted at 30 yards and check my click chart which i haven't used for 3+ years. First was zero @30. Bench rested. She is pretty much a nail driver at that range. put 3 shots through the same hole. Went to 55 yards.. my chart said i needed 4.7 or 39 clicks.  so i put 3 shots down and they grouped around a 2 dollar coin. So i was happy. Went to the other end of the scale and shot at 10 yards. chart said 8.5 or 69 clicks...This is where the wheels fell off. Shots landing 3 inches low. Am i a rev out?...wind it up one full rev and now its shooting high...This was the case for all the distances from 10 to around 20 yards. then again from 40 out to 50. It was just all over the place.

First thing i noticed was my sidewheel. I have a tape on the ground to measure the distances and when i look at my marks they are off. Im thinking my eyes are not as good since the last time i used the gun and they are focusing different. I put my reading glasses on and it made it a little better but still not as accurate as it was.

Second thing i noticed that the gun when firing has a loud twang to it now which it didnt have before and the screws have come lose on the hamster as well.

So i pulled it apart. the Top hat had broken as well as the spring guide. So i machined up a new top hat and spring guide.

I made a new hamster but this time i incorporated it with the screws that hold the TX to the stock so it ties it all in with one large bolt then the second bolt just goes into the stock.

Ive put a few rounds through it and it is sounding really nice again and she is plus or minus 3 feet per second over 10 rounds through the chrony.

Run out of time to do any more today so tomorrow i will re mark the sidewheel with new distance marks and start all over with the click chart.

kruzaroad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kruzaroad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2024 at 4:49pm
Don't envy you.
I'll be resighting and relearning all my hold points once the shims go under the scope.
What qualifies as high power in NZ?
Is it over 12fps?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic