Kiwi Airgunners Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical > Pauly's Technical Area
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

TX200 High Power

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nunga Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: TX200 High Power
    Posted: 01 Aug 2024 at 12:13pm
Does anyone here know the spring size for the TX200 HP spring? I have my old spring here in a box with a bunch of other springs and im wanting to put the HP spring back in the TX with a few mods but I cant remember which spring it is.
2nd place HP springer - WFTF World Championships 2014

J-S View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote J-S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2024 at 1:10pm
From a forum: Air Arms TX200 Mk1/2 21 (20.75)od 3.25 wire diam 207 / 220 length 23 active coils

the MKIII high powder used the MKi/ii UK spring spec.. They may have had some collapsed coils, bit the OD and wire diameter above should be correct
J S Airguns
Air Arms TX200('s)
Theoben Sirocco
HW77
FWB 300s
Webley Patriot
One or two others...

Current projects:
Too many..
nunga View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nunga Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2024 at 1:43pm
Cheers ill check it.

nunga View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nunga Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2024 at 6:23pm
So i found the spring. Machined up a new tophat and spring guide for it. She is putting out 860 fps with the original HP spring using JSB pellets 10 shots through the chrony. high of 861 and low of 859 so plus or minus 3 fps. so im happy with that.  Tomorrow i will be setting up some long range targets and do some testing.  Im going to be shooting out past 100 meters to see how she preforms. I will be setting up the chrony next to the target to see how fast the pellet is traveling at different distances right before it hits the target. This will hopefully give me some good data on how far out i can safely make a kill shot.

I will be making a video of my experiments and uploading it to you tube a little later on as i have remembered my password now and have access to my channel again after 10 years lol

J-S View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J-S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2024 at 9:30pm
Sounds like pretty good velocity, and excellent consistency.
In .177 high power mine loved jsb heavies - 10.34gr.

J S Airguns
Air Arms TX200('s)
Theoben Sirocco
HW77
FWB 300s
Webley Patriot
One or two others...

Current projects:
Too many..
RangerPete View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RangerPete Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2024 at 12:35am
Looking forward to seeing the results. Post pics.
Walk quietly, but carry a big stick.
Pauly5 View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pauly5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2024 at 7:35am
Good stuff, look forward to this.
kruzaroad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kruzaroad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2024 at 7:43am
Sweet what's the utube channel?
When you got all the fps sorted at target you want to post them, the barrel fps in the pellet testing with the pellet so I can do some true bc calculations from shots fired please.
Oh icq No longer exists.
nunga View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nunga Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2024 at 9:32am
When did ICQ finish? I loved that platform.

My channel is called custom airguns

its funny how i havent been active on it for 10 plus years and i have 91 subscribers lol

There is a lot of old outdated videos on there so dont laugh at me please lol.

Pauly5 View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pauly5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2024 at 9:56am
Ian, put up a link. There's a lot of videos on custom airguns.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic