Kiwi Airgunners Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical > Reviews
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Gamo Delta Fox GT Whisper .177

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote RangerPete Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2023 at 10:35am
Thanks Kruza, I’ll tell him πŸ‘πŸ»
It was very nice to have some Dad and Lad time, and very satisfying for me to watch him get that satisfying feeling of hitting what your aiming for πŸ‘πŸ»
And as you said, it wasn’t too long before I heard β€œDad, can I try your rifle?” πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
It’s too big for him to load and too heavy for him to hold, but if I load it and put it on the sticks for him, he hits what ever he’s aiming for πŸ˜‚πŸ‘πŸ».
We had great fun exploding apples at 10m with .22 16gr Hades.
Walk quietly, but carry a big stick.
RangerPete View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RangerPete Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2023 at 9:19am
I was shooting this little rifle again yesterday, and thought I’d give a little summary to finish up this review.

This little rifle has been a real pleasure to shoot.
It is light weight, very mild shooting, only produces a few fpe, but is really pleasant to shoot.
More than accurate enough for a satisfying plinking session, and could be comfortably cocked and shot all day long.
I’d be confident enough to take birds up to myna size out to 20m, and maybe even a rabbit head shot if I could sneak up on one to with in 20m.

As a β€œyouth” air rifle I think it hits the mark perfectly! πŸ˜‚
I’d happily recommend it to anyone wanting an air rifle for a child (supervised of course), or just an easy shooting, light weight, all day little plinker.
Gets my thumbs up πŸ‘πŸ»

Pete.
Billbobnz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Billbobnz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2023 at 9:24pm
Good on you, I'm glad my 8yr son has started taking an interest too. I used to have a browning youth gun (a broken one from GC which I repaired) and was very accurate. shot so many things with it and missed it after I sold it
RangerPete View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RangerPete Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2024 at 8:54pm
Review update...

I've decided to use this little Gamo as a sparow gun, for some garden pest control.
I had the chrono out while playing with my other springers so I thought I'd try a few pellets through this one too.

Starting with the heaviest I tested, H&N Hunter (Gun City Rabbiter) 10.49gr.
Average 377.3fps, ES 10.6, SD 3.6, for 3.3FPE. Humm... ok.

Then Gamo 10X hollow point, 7.56gr, average 457fps, ES 27.7, SD 10.1, foe 3.1FPE
Not very impressive. The H&N Hunters were much better.

Next JSB Exact 8.44gr, Average 460fps, ES 5.4, SD 2.6, for 4.0FPE. Wow, those are nice figures. The exacts were the ones that shot so nicely in previous grouping tests.

Lastly I tried the JSB Exact Express, the light little 7.87gr JSBs.
Average 481 fps, ES 2.6, SD 1.0, for 4.1 FPE. WOW! Those are seriously nice numbers!!!

Next step is to wait for this F***$%#@ rain to clear off so I can try the exacts vs the express for groupings at 10m.
I have also bought and fitted a 2-7x32 Wulf scope, which is working very nicely on this lovely little rifle.
Once Ive setteled on a pellet, sight it in at 10m and get ready for the sparrows.
kruzaroad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kruzaroad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2024 at 11:13pm
That reminds me, I've got to get one off impliment shed roof I shot yesterday before it taints the water supply. Cheers.
Sparrows might be a better subject for a thread, rather than mice. More accessable for those who want to join in. Just as small, just as flighty, not as likely to show huge holes (feathers are good like that mostly)
Longest distance, heighest shot, trickiest set of branches. Etc
Have the advantage of being a daytime target and being easy to bait in. You shoot one at 40m then I'm going to bait in at 55m/60m and on it goes. Differnt catagory for tree shot. Keep separate catagories for springer and pcp over 30m.
Throw up thread when your sorted if your interested, I'll jump in on it.
Get ya son in on it, I'm sure he can takeout the heaviest sparrow or best shot under 30m with a bait station. (as long as dad doesn't out do him)

Just thought anyway.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic