FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

3D printing fun!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Pauly5 View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pauly5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2024 at 5:40pm
Oh sweet! So if I have you length and diameter, you could make one to size?
nunga View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nunga Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2024 at 5:10pm
I printed it in two halfs and it is stuck together with duct tape. I did it like that so i can easily pull it apart after a few rounds to see how the internals are holding up.

2nd place HP springer - WFTF World Championships 2014

Pauly5 View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pauly5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2024 at 5:00pm
I'll be keen to see the silncer. Have heard they work well printed.

Maybe you could print a good baffle system to go into carbon fibre tube if you think itll be strong enough to withstand the air shock without being attached to the outer shell.
nunga View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nunga Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2024 at 4:52pm
Today since the weather is so crappy I have this fantastic idea. Lets 3D print a hole bunch of things for my new gun. I designed a silencer and printed it out. Plus i 3D scanned a pellet and printed out 20 of these in my high detailed resin printer.. I put the pellets on my small scales and each of them come in at 1 grain each...well 0.985 grains to be exact.

The next thing to do was to see if these even held up under high pressure and would they seal in the chamber.

Well it turns out yes to both. How fast are they? 1300fps at full power (10 pumps) lol they can put a hole in a can and its a bit of fun. i would say accurate out to 15 feet.

Now to the silencer. holy crap. it worked really well. didnt expect it to do much but it made a huge difference.

I will be doing more tests tomorrow and probably put up a youtube vid on it for a bit of fun,
2nd place HP springer - WFTF World Championships 2014

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic