Kiwi Airgunners Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Introductions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New Member
    Posted: 03 Oct 2024 at 11:06am
Hi all,

I have just joined this site, having recently moved to Levin. 

I am an avid deer and duck hunter but now a bit too old to get around the hills. I do like to shoot 10 meter air pistol but apart from a club I used to belong to in Auckland seem unable to find one around here. 

I wonder if there are other members near Levin, Otaki etc. who might be interested in forming one.

Feel free to give me a call 0272106258 if you are interested or know of a local club I could join.

Cheers, Bill.
skookum
nunga View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nunga Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2024 at 11:55am
Welcome along
2nd place HP springer - WFTF World Championships 2014

RangerPete View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RangerPete Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2024 at 12:41pm
Welcome Bill,
I think there might be a member or two down your way who might be able to help you.
Let’s see some pics of your air guns.
Walk quietly, but carry a big stick.
Pauly5 View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pauly5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2024 at 5:31pm
Hi Bill, welcome here.

There is a range in P Nth that airgunners go to. It's quite an established range. I haven't actually been yet, but if you made contact with them, they should be able to put you in touch with the airgunners.
kruzaroad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kruzaroad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2024 at 9:48pm
Hi welcome aboard.
Just did a quick Web search and would try levin miniature rifle club and levin pistol club if you haven't.
Its surprising how many clubs for powder burners considering the size of the place.
Whats your pistol your using?
Bill View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2024 at 10:38am
Hi,
Thanks everyone for responding.

I have a Feinwerkbau Model 65 that I have had for years. I have a shotgun and a Winchester that I hunt with but these days a bit too old to slog the hills and fun with the air pistol now appeals.

When I lived in Browns bay there was a local air pistol club and that made for fun evenings. Must say I am pretty hopeless but am now getting in a bit of practice at home here in Levin. Despite the practice still not much of a shot.

It would be good to have a local club that shoots Olympic 10 meter air pistol locally. Thanks for the info and I will get in touch with the Levin miniature rifle club.
Cheers, Bill
skookum
Billbobnz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Billbobnz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2024 at 10:47pm
Welcome along sir
JasonEdward View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JasonEdward Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2024 at 1:38pm
A quick Google tells me you have a very capable pistol in the Feinwerkbau Model 65. Very nice...

Welcome!
Myson View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Myson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2024 at 4:08pm
Hi Bill,

Welcome! Smile

I see you're now in Levin - I'm in Feilding.

If you'd like to come up and shoot on my ranges here, you are most welcome.  I'm retired so I shoot all the time..... love it!

Another airgunner from Levin also comes up here when he can make it (he still works) so do join us anytime.

PM me if you're interested..... and I'll let you know where to come, when's best, etc......

Happy airgunning!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eq7jVyBfFqE
Air Arms S510 US .22
Air Arms S410 .22
Weihrauch HW97KT .177
Weihrauch HW95 .177
RangerPete View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RangerPete Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2024 at 4:37pm
Myson, if I lived close by to you, I'd be there every day       

I'd set up camp at your shooting range!
Build an office, or a club house with solid, sturdy concrete shooting benches, indoors and undercover, and if the weather gets bad we could just close the sliding doors and carry on shooting out a little gunners hatch.
The benches would have good lighting, and plenty of space, and confortable chairs, on wheels, so we could just roll back to the bar fridge or the coffee machine with out having to go to far from the shooting benches...
A wood burning fire place, some good background music... Oh it would be paradise.
We could even put some flood lights out on the range for night shooting and never have to leave…

Edited by RangerPete - 06 Oct 2024 at 11:41am
Walk quietly, but carry a big stick.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic